QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, NOV. 17, 2021

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer creamy peanut butter.

I like it in sandwiches with strawberry jam or on crackers. I also like Peanut Butter cookies but I rarely bake anymore.

I like the Kroger store brand. It tastes as good as the name brands and it is cheaper. I am not crazy about the natural brands and since I only eat it every once in a great while I haven't tried to get used to the natural brands.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm intrigued by the storing it upside down.

I also like it on apples and celery, forgot to mention!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love peanut butter! I get a large jar and just get a spoon, scooping it out for snacks...

Almond butter is ok... but I do not like the separation of the oil in all the organic PB's.. A mess to stir.
I also like to store it in the cupboard, so it is nice and creamy, and room temp..
With organic, it has to be stored in there refrigerator.. I do not plan far in advance when I feel like scooping some up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Even after opening I keep peanut butter in the cupboard, not the refrigerator.
And I store it lid side down. That way any oil is at the bottom when the jar is turned right side up and opened.
Great advice, thanks for sharing. I also keep it in the cabinet but never thought of storing it upside down. I'll have to go do that now. 👍

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love peanut butter. My favorate way to eat it is a peaut butter cookie with chocolate chips. I also like peanut butter right out of the jar with maple syrup. My favorite brand is Crazy Richards. I loved peanut butter and jelly sandwichs when I was a kid but I don't eat them now. When I was in the hospital last year they gave me so many I don't think I could ever eat another. They didn't know what to give a vegetarian for protein. I like the creamy the best.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put a jar of natural peanut butter upside-down and now I have a permanent oil spot on the pantry shelf. I guess the lid wasn't as tight as it should have been, lol.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely like PB, although I was bothered by a peanut allergy and had to substitute almond butter for about 15 years. Gradually the peanut allergy went away and I found I could resume eating peanuts.

Like it on sandwiches, toast or by the spoonful.

Like Kroger's house brand chunky PB

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also like peanut butter right out of the jar with maple syrup.
Justin's makes a maple almond butter that is really good:
1637202490887.png

I put a jar of natural peanut butter upside-down and now I have a permanent oil spot on the pantry shelf.
Awww man. Sorry about that. Maybe you could put some type of cover/lid underneath it, like I do with honey. I never had peanut butter leak, but my honey always does.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy If it is an old oily stain on your pantry shelf this may not work but it doesn't hurt to try. Put a layer of baking soda over the stain. Cover it with something to keep baking soda from getting all over. Wait a day or two, clean away. Repeat if stain looks lighter and baking soda is discolored.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We both love peanut butter...doesn't matter if it's smooth or crunchy.My favorite was is peanut butter toast...sometimes for lunch as well.Love it with bacon too!We usually just buy the store brand...don't care about the pricey names on the labels.I made a peanut butter and fresh elder razz jam sandwich for lunch the other day.Hubby took one look and said gee that looks good,so I handed him all the goodies to make his own.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I don't know if it's the change in weather but I've noticed being more hungry lately. I usually eat lunch and have been craving peanut butter sandwiches with raspberry preserves. Growing up my kids loved it too. One of my daughters liked her peanut butter sandwich with slices of banana. 🍌 Which made me wonder if as many people like it as much as I do. There are so many ways to eat it, e.g. in a sandwich, in cookies, cakes, candy, cereal, even on celery or with a spoon right out of the jar. 😋 The different ways are endless unless, of course, you have a nut allergy. My favorite brand is Smucker's Natural Creamy and DH likes the same brand but Chunky.

3 QUESTIONS FOR TODAY - DO YOU LIKE PEANUT BUTTER?
HOW DO YOU LIKE TO EAT IT?

WHAT BRAND DO YOU LIKE BEST?
I'm eating a peanut butter sandwich right now!