QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, NOV. 17, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if it's the change in weather but I've noticed being more hungry lately. I usually eat lunch and have been craving peanut butter sandwiches with raspberry preserves. Growing up my kids loved it too. One of my daughters liked her peanut butter sandwich with slices of banana. 🍌 Which made me wonder if as many people like it as much as I do. There are so many ways to eat it, e.g. in a sandwich, in cookies, cakes, candy, cereal, even on celery or with a spoon right out of the jar. 😋 The different ways are endless unless, of course, you have a nut allergy. My favorite brand is Smucker's Natural Creamy and DH likes the same brand but Chunky.

3 QUESTIONS FOR TODAY - DO YOU LIKE PEANUT BUTTER?
HOW DO YOU LIKE TO EAT IT?

WHAT BRAND DO YOU LIKE BEST?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes
Usually on sandwiches, but I also use it a lot in sauces.
I actually also buy the Smuckers natural (creamy) because it's basically peanuts and salt and none of the other junk, but cheaper than the boutique brands.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes I do. I like both creamy and chunky.
I usually will eat some on a spoon. A little here and there but a PB sandwich with seedless raspberry jam is good.
The best peanut butter out there is Santa Cruz dark roasted. The extra roasting really brings out the flavor. It's so good. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. Dark Roasted Creamy

I also like Teddie. Home | Teddie Natural Peanut Butter

ETA: These are amazing. So bad yet so good. Peanut Butter Creme Pies | Little Debbie

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 QUESTIONS FOR TODAY - DO YOU LIKE PEANUT BUTTER? Yes
HOW DO YOU LIKE TO EAT IT? A sandwich, with raisins and grated carrot
WHAT BRAND DO YOU LIKE BEST?
Smuckers Natural Creamy

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do like it but we usually use Almond Butter. (One of my kids is supposed to re-test for a peanut allergy soon.)

If I'm eating it off a spoon I like Jiff; but otherwise I prefer Smuckers Naturals Creamy. DH like the chunky but I find the pieces annoying.

I think my favorite way to eat it is on toast drizzled with honey and maybe a dash of cinnamon. It's best when it's all melty. DH will even mix it in rice with cinnamon like a dessert... He got that from his mama and I think its just way too gross to even try... :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone has given me some great ideas to try from the brand Santa Cruz Kat0121 Kat0121 to dipping a chocolate bar into the pb jar game misconduct game misconduct to adding raisins to a sandwich C catapault to adding a dash of cinnamon w/drizzle of honey to a sandwich MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - keep the ideas coming! :thumbsup:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it in sandwiches, especially with grape jelly. I also like peanut butter ice cream and peanut butter chocolate candy.

I do prefer it smooth rather than chunky.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I love peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter.
I like it best on toasted bread or bagel, with fruit on top.
Prefer creamy, but crunchy is good too, even tried some raw ones that were good.
I like the kind that has sugar, salt, and oil in it, most brands are good.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like peanut butter, but have recently developed a small intolerance, just enough to be annoying, not dangerous, but enough that I don't want to eat it often. I should try some cashew butter, that sounds good.

I liked Skippy Naturals, and Costco brand is good too (and has no added sugar).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would like the ones without sugar.
What I noticed about using no-sugar-added peanut butter is that usually you eat it with something sweet (like jelly/jam) so you don't really notice. And then you can also use it in savory foods like hummus (used in place of tahini) or Thai sauces. But it's not very good eaten right off the spoon or plain on bread :headshake:.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone has given me some great ideas to try from the brand Santa Cruz Kat0121 Kat0121 to dipping a chocolate bar into the pb jar game misconduct game misconduct to adding raisins to a sandwich C catapault to adding a dash of cinnamon w/drizzle of honey to a sandwich MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - keep the ideas coming! :thumbsup:
I've tried almost every brand there is. My late DH was a Jif creamy fan and we bought nothing else because it was what he wanted. It's what he grew up eating. It's fine. It's nothing special. My parents always bought store brand crunchy which was also fine yet nothing special. My mom was convinced that you get more for your money with crunchy. That makes no sense to me but OK.

Santa Cruz (IMO) put the others to shame. It's so simple. It's dark roasted peanuts with just a little salt. IMO it needs nothing else. No added oils or sugars. The peanuts are the star of the show. Let them shine. I also really like the peanut butter made in the Publix deli but SC is still #1 because of the extra roasting.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried almost every brand there is. My late DH was a Jif creamy fan and we bought nothing else because it was what he wanted. It's what he grew up eating. It's fine. It's nothing special. My parents always bought store brand crunchy which was also fine yet nothing special. My mom was convinced that you get more for your money with crunchy. That makes no sense to me but OK.

Santa Cruz (IMO) put the others to shame. It's so simple. It's dark roasted peanuts with just a little salt. IMO it needs nothing else. No added oils or sugars. The peanuts are the star of the show. Let them shine. I also really like the peanut butter made in the Publix deli but SC is still #1 because of the extra roasting.
I grew up eating Jif and (sometimes) Goober, which was alternating stripes of peanut butter and jelly in one container (I liked it but Mom thought it was gross). Today, I prefer Skippy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to add:

Even after opening I keep peanut butter in the cupboard, not the refrigerator.

And I store it lid side down. That way any oil is at the bottom when the jar is turned right side up and opened.
I do the same. On both of these tips.