Question of the Day, Wednesday, December 21, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Whiskers Wednesday and official first day of winter here! :coldcat: We've talked about Christmas/holiday movies but how about your favorite ones when you were a child whether animated or live action. I remember watching the movie, Heidi, with Shirley Temple when I was growing up. It took place in the Swiss Alps. For some reason I could watch it over and over again. I just loved the grandfather. :hearthrob:

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY MOVIE?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a few...Any of what I call the "original three" cartoons. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966), Frosty the Snowman (1969) and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964). A little later, I fell in love with Home Alone/Home Alone 2. But there's one cartoon that you just NEVER see anymore and I loved it.
The Nutcracker Prince (1990).

I also loved Disney's animated version of A Christmas Carole...I think it was Mickey's Christmas Carole (1983). And of course, A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
There are more I'm sure...
I still love watching all of these movies, I make sure I get to see them at least at some point during the holidays.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn’t have teevee as a kid in the woods, and the nearest theatre was an hour away. So, books of any sort was what I liked.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved this awful TV Christmas movie from like 1995 as a preteen/teen called The Christmas List. If I watched it now, I'd probably think it was super corny and full of bad acting. I also liked Home Alone and Home Alone 2.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of them!

Care Bears Nutcracker
Muppet Family Christmas
Muppet Christmas Carol
Rudolph's Shiny New Year
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey

I'm sure there's more I loved.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Whiskers Wednesday and official first day of winter here! :coldcat: We've talked about Christmas/holiday movies but how about your favorite ones when you were a child whether animated or live action. I remember watching the movie, Heidi, with Shirley Temple when I was growing up. It took place in the Swiss Alps. For some reason I could watch it over and over again. I just loved the grandfather. :hearthrob:

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY MOVIE?
I totally remember this movie!

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I not sure if it was a Christmas movie but for some reason, I remember Hans Christian Andersen being such a magical movie when I was a kid. The one with Danny Kaye. We are going back a long way now...1952.