Question of the Day - Thursday July 6, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note - Just a reminder that we don't usually allowed veiled swearing on the site. We are going to allow it in the context of this thread though.

Having said that, most of my phrases lately have been swears. :paperbag:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More and more as I experience the aches and pains that come with age, its hell getting old. I remember my father saying that which is where I got it from.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to collect matchbooks and ashtrays.....
I see I put this in the wrong thread. If someone could please move it.

[QUOTE="Kwik, post: 5686474, member: 10077972"

Quite often & never enough:
'Praise Jesus"
"Glory to God "
"Thank You Lord"
[/QUOTE]
I'm an atheist and I use Jesus Christ and sometimes Praise Jesus quite often. In my younger days I remember people used to say "Jesus Christ on a cruch". I'm not sure what it means but I don't hear it any more.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I see I put this in the wrong thread. If someone could please move it.

[QUOTE="Kwik, post: 5686474, member: 10077972"

Quite often & never enough:
'Praise Jesus"
"Glory to God "
"Thank You Lord"
I'm an atheist and I use Jesus Christ and sometimes Praise Jesus quite often. In my younger days I remember people used to say "Jesus Christ on a cruch". I'm not sure what it means but I don't hear it any more.
[/QUOTE]
muffy muffy - so glad you mentioned you posted in the wrong thread because I kept thinking I must've missed part of a conversation or my brain was just not making the connection,rofl- Whew!

Never heard that one- "Jesus on a crutch" but I don't doubt it,people say the oddest things and it seems to catch on for some strange reason Like eg: "pulling my chain"???? What chain? Huh?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's raining out. Why do I put "out" in the sentence? If it's raining in, we really have problems!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's raining out. Why do I put "out" in the sentence? If it's raining in, we really have problems!
So funny,that tickled my funny bone!
When I first moved to Florida was the first time I ever heard the expression " I slept in"..... I thought," Does that mean they typically sleep out"? In NY we'd say " I slept late or I overslept today so I had no clue what these folks were talking about until I said " where do you normally sleep" haha