Question of the day - Thursday 8 October

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have mentioned it a few times before, but I have cibophobia that involves most fruit and some berries. So, if you exclude most of the citrus family, raspberries, blackberries, and mulberries, I hate all the others. I have only eaten two of the ones I hate--by literal force--so I cannot say that it is the taste I hate. O would never willingly eat any of them.

Excluding all of my allergies, I would have to say yogurt, eggplant, mayo (or anything like it), dill, and any sort of pickles. Technically, I am allergic to pickles because I am allergic to cucumbers. That is a newer allergy, and I love cucumbers. Pickles, however, are foul.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cooked vegetables. Tomatoes are just disgusting when cooked, they lose all texture and are reduced to inedible sludge.

And no, before anyone asks, I have never tried Okra or Eggplant. Why would I want to do that to myself?
I have had okra- one time only- and can say with confidence that you're not missing anything.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
For the okra haters...My dad grew okra, and Mom served it to us. Nasty, slimy stuff. But back in the late ‘70s, I moved to Panhandle Florida which really is different from the rest of Florida, or was at that time. Very deep South. I commented on how much I hated okra, and my good friend said, “You just haven’t had it prepared right.” She sliced it up, coated it with a cornmeal batter, and deep fried it. It really was good. Super crispy with no slime anywhere. Same with collard greens. I was a teacher, and the lunchroom ladies used to tease me about not eating collard greens. I finally gave in and they were great...prepared the way they did it. They thought I was a hoot. They always saved a bowl for me at lunch after that.

I hate the taste of peppers whether green, yellow or red, cooked or raw. And eel and gator. And liver. I was measuring out liver this afternoon for the cats’ food, and my husband came in, saw it, looked appalled, and said, “What is that?” “Liver,” I said. He shuddered and stumbled out of the room. :lol:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone :)

Another easy question for you this Thursday .....

What is your least favorite food ? :barfgreen:

Mine is celery - yuck :nervous:
It is a tie between Kale and Liverwurst.🤢🤮
The funny thing is for health reasons, I drink powdered green juice that has Kale in it everyday, but if I get a cold pressed green juice with Kale in it--I would toss my cookies. Lol

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Cilantro is the only thing I can think of that I will not eat if I could avoid it. I just don't like the taste of it at all.
I absolutely cannot tolerate cilantro. When I was a kid my mom made liver and I hated that too. My sister and I would slather ketchup on it but we still could not stand the taste of it. :barf:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eggplant. I despise eggplant with a passion. Same with okra. Some things are diseased and should be declared illegal. Cheesecake is another one of those things. Cheesecake is just wrong. So are raw oysters.....well, oysters period.
I'm with you on oysters. Vile, nasty things. I wouldn't declare cheesecake illegal but I don't like it and IMO it's one of the most overrated foods on earth.