Question Of The Day, Sunday, October 8, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my... so many shows of my childhood... wow.. hard to pick a few:

Bewitched, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke Show, The original Star Trek, remember Dr Kildare????, My Favorite Martian, MASH (later), The Fugitive,
Yes, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom The Time Tunnel (forgot about that)..
Quantum Leap (later)
Yes, and the was it Wednesday Night Murder Mysteries: Columbo, McMillan & Wife, McCloud.
and of course, @Winchester , Make Room for Daddy

Those were great shows.. most of them produced by Sheldon Leonard, I think..

All of the ones mentioned by everyone, are classics...
a most excellent group of favorites!!! :thumbsup: Dr Kildare -- that was a really good tv show!! and MASH too! :agree:

i looked up the NBC Mystery Movie series, and here's what i found -- The NBC Mystery Movie - Wikipedia i do vaguely remember that the show was sometimes aired on both Wednesday nights and Sunday nights. i also remember that i wasn't old enough to stay up late enough to watch the whole movies for some time, and that i was so very happy when i became 'old enough' to.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go waay back to the Lone Ranger, Lassie. I never cared much for Roy Rogers. Why send Nellybelle (the Jeep) to town to meet the stage? Never made much sense to me. Also Ozzie and Harriet. And Disneyland. Who would dare miss Davy Crockett?

In teen years, there were Bonanza and Maverick. Loved Maverick. Then there was Perry Como and the Ed Sullivan show.
a very nice group of favorites!!! :clap: Lassie, and Davy Crockett!! both great tv shows! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First two shows I remember loving to watch in prime time as a kid was The Love Boat & Fantasy Island.

Saturday morning cartoons were the bomb... I preferred Looney Toons over Scooby Doo...

MASH I loved watching with my dad.

Bewitched, Gillian's Island, The Brady Bunch, The Jeffersons, Good Times, Alice (Mel's Diner), Bonanza, Three's Company, Charlie's Angels, Apt 227, The Cosby Show, 90210...

I'm sure there is more but that is what I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.
ahhh, The Love Boat and Fantasy Island!!! :clap: most excellent!! and MASH -- such a great show, and very nice that you enjoyed watching it with your dad!! :redheartpump:

i liked Looney Toons too! :agree: did you like Bugs Bunny, The Pink Panther? i loved both of those. i especially loved certain episodes -- like Bugs Bunny in Looney Toon's Shishkabugs (with Yosemite Sam, and 'hasenpfeffer'), and The Rabbit of Seville.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were so many. The Monkees (I had a thing for Mike Nesmith), Hogans Hero's, Thundercats (Hooo), Battlestar Galactica (the original with Richard Hatch), SWAT, WKRP, Night Court, Star Trek, The Big Valley, I am sure I forgot some.
And of course, in the '70's when it came to American TV---Doctor Who. I have been a whovian most my life. That's so sad. (maybe pathetic is a better word).
a great group of favorite tv shows!!! :thumbsup: Hogan's Heros, Thundercats, and SWAT!! those were really good shows!! :)

and Doctor Who! :cloud9: i haven't seen all the episodes, but i go through times where i'll watch a bunch of episodes i haven't seen yet. and i remember getting up in the middle of the night when i was a pretty young kid, turning on the tv, and watching my first episode! it was in black and white. i loved it immediately! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first TV show I remember watching was The New Zoo Review. Anyone remember that one?

My list also includes:

The Magic Garden (anyone remember Sherlock the squirrel and The Chuckle Patch?)
The Banana Splits
H.R Pufnstuf
Sigmond and the Sea Monster
Land of the Lost
The Dukes of Hazzard
The Monkees (yep- I watched them too. Still love that show. RIP Davey :sigh:)
Gumby (He was just a little green slab of clay...... GUMBY!) :jive:
Quantum Leap
MASH (still one of the greatest shows of all time)
Columbo (Peter Falk was brilliant in that)
The Golden Girls
Alice
Northern Exposure
The Honeymooners
All in the Family
The Jeffersons
Scooby Doo (pre- Scrappy Doo please :eviltongue:)
The Super Friends
The Love Boat and Fantasy Island were great! I also liked Sanford and Son, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, Roseanne, Married with Children and I LOVED Headbanger's Ball on MTV! :rockout:
that's a very nice group of favorites!! :clap:

ahhhh! The Banana Splits!!! :lol: they were so funny! :D

The Honeymooners, and All in the Family!! :) both great shows! and i agree -- Scooby Doo, definitely pre-Scappy Doo! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of the same favourites as others: Bewitched, Family Affair, Green Acres, Get Smart, Gilligan's Island, Batman. And later Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, Love Boat, Charlie's Angels, Three's Company, Vegas, Columbo, McMillan & Wife, McCloud, American Bandstand. And then my soap operas: Another World & Edge of Night.
a most excellent group of favorites!!! :thumbsup:

and you mentioned some that i really enjoyed that i'd forgotten about! Get Smart, Family Affair, Vegas, and Batman!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pardon me, 90's kid coming through!

- Wishbone
- Hey Arnold!
- Recess
- Arthur
- Frasier
- The Simpsons
- Daria
- The Magic School Bus
- Sabrina, The Teenage Witch
- Xena Warrior Princess
- Gundam Wing
- Escaflowne
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- The Golden Girls
- Are You Afraid of the Dark?
- Goosebumps

Ah, good times :cool2: :cloud9:

Honourable mention: Star Trek: The Next Generation, would often watch it with my father.

Although I wasn't ardent fan or anything, I'd occasionally enjoy dabbling with the X-Files and the old Law and Order.
ahhh, a very nice list you have there!!! :clap: The X-Files and Law and Order -- both great tv shows!! :agree: