Question Of The Day, Sunday, October 29, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

today is going to be a day of rest for me (well, we'll see...that's the plan...), so in keeping with that......

What is (/name) one thing that makes you happy? (we'll presume that our cats make us all happy)

i'll start!

going to an auction! it doesn't seem to matter what is being auctioned, and i've never bought anything at an auction, but it makes me quite happy to go to them. i enjoy the whole experience of auctions. :cloud9: i like to stroll around and look at the items, love listening to the auctioneer, and enjoy watching the bidding.

How about you?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Doing yoga.

It can be exhausting and it's frustrating at times when I can't do the poses as well as I'd like to. I really need to improve my upper body strength so I can hold myself in a handstand position without any support.

I always feel very calm and content after yoga though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing yoga.

It can be exhausting and it's frustrating at times when I can't do the poses as well as I'd like to. I really need to improve my upper body strength so I can hold myself in a handstand position without any support.

I always feel very calm and content after yoga though.
doing yoga!!! :clap: very nice!!

i used to take yoga classes, really enjoyed them! i could do the poses relatively well, but never was able to do a handstand without support. i'm really not sure why either. the instructor told me that i should be able to do it, maybe just didn't have the confidence to do it. :dunno: i know i have very good upper body and arms strength. i mean, i haul firewood and do all sorts of lifting, moving, and assorted projects and chores on my own here. i think it may just be something to do with my particular bone structure or such like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very good book and having the time to savor it.
reading a very good book, and having the time to savor it!!! :cloud9: great!! :D

that second part, having the time to savor it, that's the hard part for me. i love reading, but i won't read unless i feel rested enough that i can really enjoy it. but, winter is coming soon enough, and my hope is that i'll have more time available to read! :crossfingers:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahhh, watching old movies -- especially silent movies!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

i love old movies too! :agree:
I'll tell you one specific movie-related thing that made me happy recently.

I found out that there's a 1933 adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland". Cary Grant is in it, at the beginning of his film career, and they've stuffed him in the Mock Turtle costume. You can't even see his face (just a few years later, they'd never be able to get away with hiding Grant's face.) I HAD to see that.

I started smiling the moment he walked onscreen, it was just that ridiculous. But by the end of his scene, I was practically grinning ear to ear. Why? Because Grant took a one-note character with a bulky costume and turned in what is easily the best performance in the movie. All of the other actors seem a bit wooden, but it's like he was determined that audiences remember him. Made me really happy to see that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is a toss up for me, i.e. living in an area where we get four seasons but mostly winter and summer I'd have to give two answers, one for indoors and another for outdoors.

Indoors - Art Institute
Outdoors - Nature (Botanic Garden)

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The temp was 36 here this morning, great soup weather and your soups looks delicious! :thumbsup:
I make them fresh, almost every day. I love ramen noodles but hate the seasoning packs. Each bowl takes 3 to 15 minutes depending on the ingredients.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Listening to music. It was a sad day when my iPod Classic died last year. I hate listening to music on my computer or my phone, and carrying around an old CD Walkman is cumbersome, so things weren't the same until I found another iPod Classic at a yard sale this spring.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Old movies, but I do not have cable any longer for the TCM network. However, I love the old movies!:hearthrob:

I'll tell you one specific movie-related thing that made me happy recently.

I found out that there's a 1933 adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland". Cary Grant is in it, at the beginning of his film career, and they've stuffed him in the Mock Turtle costume. You can't even see his face (just a few years later, they'd never be able to get away with hiding Grant's face.) I HAD to see that.

I started smiling the moment he walked onscreen, it was just that ridiculous. But by the end of his scene, I was practically grinning ear to ear. Why? Because Grant took a one-note character with a bulky costume and turned in what is easily the best performance in the movie. All of the other actors seem a bit wooden, but it's like he was determined that audiences remember him. Made me really happy to see that.

Katie M Katie M , I love the old movies with Cary Grant, the one that comes dearly to mind is Arsenic and Old Lace.