Question Of The Day, Sunday, June 4, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cream of wheat, oatmeal, grits, Kelloggs corn flakes, Raisin Brand and Peanut Butter Puffins.
I like bananas with some of my cereal.

Muffins
ahhh, cream of wheat!!! :cloud9: one of my favorites too! :)

bananas with cereal......pretty much a perfect match! :agree:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now my cereal supply includes Froot Loops and Boo Berry. I don't eat it for breakfast. It's more of a snack type thing. I don't like oatmeal. It's a textural thing. I do like Cream of Wheat with milk and sugar and I also like Wheatena with milk and sugar but haven't had any in a LONG time. I do have a box of Wheatena in the pantry. Maybe I should make some one of these days. :think:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to make oatmeal with raisins cooked in it. . .the raisins have to be cooked with the oats so they're plump and squishy. I don't like having wrinkly chewy raisins in my oatmeal. I also add some cinnamon and sugar or honey and some milk or cream. But I don't usually eat it for breakfast because who has time to make breakfast, lol. I like grits with cheese and garlic but that, too, is not breakfast because it takes too long.

I don't really eat cold cereal. I like Special K red berries but eating cold cereal for breakfast takes too long, also, I rarely have milk in the house.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Grape Nuts, which aren't sold on this side of the Atlantic. Generally I'll eat oatmeal when I'm in the mood for cereal.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another oatmeal fan here too. I always say I eat it 365 days p/yr. with ceylon cinnamon, raisins, flaxseed and almond milk. Couldn't start my day without it! :)
YAY! for oatmeal!!! :thumbsup: mmmm...a good cinnamon -- it really does make a difference, using a good cinnamon.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oats here too. Steel cut with honey, butter and fruit...particularly blueberries.

(...but I more often have a bacon, potato, egg and cheese breakfast burrito...:D)
ahhh, steel cut oats!!! :cloud9: with honey, butter, and fruit! most excellent! i'm a big fan of blueberries, just adore them. :)

yes! breakfast burritos!! :yummy:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grape Nuts, which aren't sold on this side of the Atlantic. Generally I'll eat oatmeal when I'm in the mood for cereal.
Grape Nuts are widely available in the UK, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them in Germany. Might be worth looking into if you're missing them :dunno:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Grape Nuts are widely available in the UK, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them in Germany. Might be worth looking into if you're missing them :dunno:
That's a good tip! I looked on Amazon.co.uk, but the price is prohibitive due to the shipping costs.
Now I've just found them on Amazon.de, but the shipping costs are also sky high.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jcat jcat , i found what looks like a really good (and easy enough) recipe for home made grapenuts cereal online -- Homemade Grape Nuts ......i just might make some for myself! :yummy:

note that the blog entry says that using whole wheat flour (instead of the sprouted whole wheat pastry flour) worked just fine.

Last edited:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby likes shredded wheat. To me it tastes like straw. On day we were passing a field full of fresh hay bales. I turned to him and said, "Look! They're growing shredded wheat!"

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oatmeal - Quaker Minute. I keep a bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer, and also a bag of frozen dark sweet cherries. After I have the oatmeal hot in the bowl, I add a few of each to help cool it down. I will often also slice up a banana and add that. And a little bit of Grade A Maple Syrup!
oh my!!! oatmeal with blueberries and dark sweet cherries...sometimes sliced banana too...and 'the good stuff' -- REAL maple syrup!!! :cloud9:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really do love cereal... but my favorite would have to be corn pops and peanut butter captain crunch. For hot cereal I love cocoa wheats with sugar, butter, syrup and milk. So good! I haven't had any in awhile.. I think it's time for some.
corn pops and peanut butter cap'n crunch!! :thumbsup: that's a very interesting combination for hot cereal...:think:

wait......there's a peanut butter cap'n crunch??? i feel like i've missed something big here...:paperbag: that's got to be an incredibly tasty cereal! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not much of a cereal eater (Actually has been awhile since!) but I do like Cheerio's Cinnamon, and Oatmeal Crisp in Maple Nut or Vanilla Almond.
ahhh, Cheerio's!!! :clap: ...cinnamon flavored too! :yummy: and Oatmeal Crisp in maple nut or vanilla almond! :biggrin:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Grains. I like the one with pecans and dates, and also the almond cranberry one. It's somewhat like granola, but not quite.
Great Grains pecans and dates, and almond cranberry!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

i've never tried Great Grains cereal, but i'm sure i'd like them since they're somewhat like granola! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnabons and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, both eaten right out of the box. I'm not a breakfast eater but these make great snacks.

For an astonishing list of breakfast cereals, check out this:

List of breakfast cereals - Wikipedia

It's like a walk through childhood. I never knew there were so many cereals.
Cinnabons and Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!! :clap: i agree, cereal makes a great snack! :)

WOW!! that list is so cool! so many cereals...

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Grains pecans and dates, and almond cranberry!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

i've never tried Great Grains cereal, but i'm sure i'd like them since they're somewhat like granola! :agree:
I saw a huge display of Great Grains in the grocery store yesterday, and there were several new varieties. Unfortunately, I don't remember what they were, but the cereal must be selling well if it branched out with new ones. It really is good, and the only cereal I eat anymore.