Question Of The Day, Sunday, February 4, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the British comedies, The Vicar of Dibley, Vicious, and my favorite As Time Goes By. I also like Pie In The Sky and Doc Martin. I don't know what happened to Vicious. I loved that show but it disappeared after a few shows.
ahhh, As Time Goes By!!! :clap: that was a really funny show! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. At least there is a movie in the works, but still!

And apparently there is going to be a prequel series based on her younger years, which I am apprehensive about. Kind of out of place/unnecessary and sort of hard to lose so many amazing characters and actors. But who knows?

- Ghost Hunters International. It combined everything I liked - history, travelling, amazing, creepy and fascinating locations and the paranormal. :sigh: I thought it was well done and interesting, and fairly professional compared to a lot other ghost hunting shows.

- Emerald City. Nooooooo! I reckon people were already put off at having another Oz spin off, which I get. It happens a lot these days with so many other stories (Totally burnt out for example, of anything to do with Alice in Wonderland) But I was enjoying it nevertheless in this case, probably because I was never a huge fan of the original nor dabbled in other versions.

- Miranda. So funny and relatable. Can understand perhaps wanting to end it on a high note and on her own terms, but still, I feel it could have gone on a wee bit longer, and mayhaps not just end it with the typical storyline of main-female-character-gets-married-the-end? Even though it was nice and all.

- Rosemary and Thyme.

- A more typical one, Firefly.

- America's Most Wanted

- Once Upon a time. Not technically cancelled or anything, it is still on albeit in a new phase in it's storytelling. It's just that it lost the charm and quality of it's earlier seasons (which were great) then went down. I hadn't even tried the new version after the last final episode of the season, which was a huge let down for a variety of reasons. So I really just miss it's golden years. I think it was for sure one of those shows that could have finished at fewer seasons to retain the original quality.

Last I heard Father Brown is still up in there air in terms of finding out whether it is coming back or not!

And on behalf of my friend, a nod to Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.
that's a really good group of tv shows!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is a great show! and i really enjoy Rosemary and Thyme too!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say Mad Men. Because the writers set the series in 1960 it could have gone on and on.

Also Law and Order and Law and Order Criminal Intent.
Mad Men, Law and Order, and Law and Order Criminal Intent!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

i loved the Law and Order series, all of them!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shucks, you're making be blush with British sense of humour pride. :blush:
We can't mention all the great British comedies without a nod to The Benny Hill Show. I loved that show when I was a kid. RIP Benny

Another great show that ended too soon was Lillyhammer on Netflix. They only did 3 seasons. If anyone has Netflix and missed this show, check it out. Especially if you were a fan of The Sopranos. Lilyhammer - Wikipedia

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss Foyle's War. It was abruptly ended before they had gotten through WWII, and it could have run for several more seasons. It was good drama and the historical accuracy was fascinating, showing a lot we didn't know about the war.
Foyle's War!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

i've seen a few episodes of Foyle's War, it's really a very good show and i enjoyed the historical accuracy too!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can't mention all the great British comedies without a nod to The Benny Hill Show. I loved that show when I was a kid. RIP Benny

Another great show that ended too soon was Lillyhammer on Netflix. They only did 3 seasons. If anyone has Netflix and missed this show, check it out. Especially if you were a fan of The Sopranos. Lilyhammer - Wikipedia
The Benny Hill Show!!! :cloud9: awesome tv show!! (as the show's theme song plays in my mind)

Lilyhammer! :yess: that was a really good show!! i enjoyed The Sopranos very much too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Firefly and Terra Nova are the first to come to mind. I was just getting into The Gates when it quit. Left it wide open too. And a possible cancel, since I haven't heard anything at all about a new season is Cleverman.

I'm going to add, that even though it's still currently running, if they cancel Lucifer I'm going to cry. Then throw things, then cry some more.
Firefly, Terra Nova, The Gates, and Cleverman!!! :clap: very nice!!

those sound like good tv shows, which i haven't watched. :paperbag: i'll have to see if i can find them. :D

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot about Terra Nova! I really wish they had kept that going. If they had stuck to the original concept of course; they kind of went in a weird direction. I think a cable/internet channel should pick it up again, or make a similar series.

Anyone heard of Corner Gas? That's my favorite show of all time :D. I suppose it went on long enough (6 seasons) but I wish it were still on anyway. Not that I have cable so I couldn't watch it in real time, but I wish there were more DVDs to buy, lol.

I keep hearing about Firefly and it sounds like I would enjoy it. But I'd probably like it so much that I'd get annoyed about it not going on long enough like everyone else. . .

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
h, I forgot about Terra Nova! I really wish they had kept that going. If they had stuck to the original concept of course; they kind of went in a weird direction. I think a cable/internet channel should pick it up again, or make a similar series.
Something vaguely similar was Primeval. Really only similar because it was kind of about dinosaurs. Primeval New World was ok, but the original BBC was awesome.

Also forgot about Broadchurch. I know the person they claimed did it- didn't do it. I was hoping that would be cleared up before the series ended.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great question!!

I'm with you on Carnivale and Deadwood. Add in:

Sex and the City
The Sopranos (the best show of all time in my book) RIP James Gandolfini :sigh:
Frasier
The Golden Girls RIP ladies and long live Betty White! :hearthrob:
Are You Being Served? (I loved that show)
The Carol Burnett Show (Carol is brilliant)
that's a great group of tv shows!!! :thumbsup: most awesome!! :)

yes, The Sopranos was a really good tv show! :agree: and i loved Are You Being Served?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loves me some British comedy!

Pushing daisies was a show I was very disappointed didn't get more seasons. It was a real gem,very different,with lots of great talent and story. I remember being crushed when it was cancelled.

If they were still making episodes of the West wing,I would still be watching them. The series had run it's course,but I swear it was the best written show i had ever seen back then.
Pushing Daisies, and The West Wing!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i haven't watched any of The West Wing, but it does sound like a good show! now, to see if i can find it to stream...:think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for Firefly. I was gutted when it was cancelled. Then Mystery Science Theater and Futurama. Those last two had "reboots" years later but they just weren't the same.:bawling:
Firefly, Mystery Science Theater, and Futurama!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

Mystery Science Theater sounds interesting! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really liked Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar. It was based on an old Bette Davis movie. I was disappointed that they didn't finish the story. Also Pan Am, that show with the airline stewardesses. This was more of a TV movie, but I wish they would have continued with the Anne of Green Gables series before Gilbert Blythe died in real life.
Ringer, Pan Am, and the tv movie series Anne of Green Gables!!! :clap: great!! :D

i had not heard of Ringer, but it sounds like it would be a good story, show! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not watch regular network TV. I like ID channel, JUSTICE channel and Tyler Perry's nightime soaps on OPRAH'S NETWORK.
I bought DEADWOOD all the seasons and my dad borrowed it, come to think of it he still has them! Max and 1 love the animal channel too.
you enjoy ID channel, JUSTICE channel and Tyler Perry's soaps on Oprah's network!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

awww, you and your Max love watching the animal channel!! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin was great! I don't know how they'd have kept it up after Arthur's death but we were sad to see it end.

We haven't had cable in years so I don't watch much unless its through Netflix or Amazon.
pretty much the same here! though i alternate between several streaming services, for variety. ;)

Merlin
!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really miss Orphan Black! It should be time for a new season in March...that is when it will hit me...NO MORE :sigh:
Orphan Black!!! :cloud9: most excellent!! :D

i loved that show! i still haven't watched season 5 yet. i'm waiting until i can find it to watch without needing to buy by the episode or the season. :sigh:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot about Terra Nova! I really wish they had kept that going. If they had stuck to the original concept of course; they kind of went in a weird direction. I think a cable/internet channel should pick it up again, or make a similar series.

Anyone heard of Corner Gas? That's my favorite show of all time :D. I suppose it went on long enough (6 seasons) but I wish it were still on anyway. Not that I have cable so I couldn't watch it in real time, but I wish there were more DVDs to buy, lol.

I keep hearing about Firefly and it sounds like I would enjoy it. But I'd probably like it so much that I'd get annoyed about it not going on long enough like everyone else. . .
i hadn't heard of Corner Gas, but looking into the show online, it looks like a really good show!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something vaguely similar was Primeval. Really only similar because it was kind of about dinosaurs. Primeval New World was ok, but the original BBC was awesome.

Also forgot about Broadchurch. I know the person they claimed did it- didn't do it. I was hoping that would be cleared up before the series ended.
i've seen those two tv shows listed in streaming services i use, but haven't watched them. :think: i'm not sure i'd want to even start watching Broadchurch, since the murderer wasn't caught before the series ended.