Question Of The Day, Sunday, February 4, 2018

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great question!!

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , Whitechapel was good, wasn't it.

Carnivàle was on the brink of brilliance when they severed it after 2 series, most disappointing. :sigh:

Deadwood also left me feeling like I'd wasted my life, as it was most enjoyable but left me feeling deeply empty at its abrupt curtailment.

Then, of course, there's Firefly, which only managed one series yet was the highest rated sci-fi program of all time.

I feel uneasy about watching new series until they've run a few seasons as I can't bear the feeling of lingering dissatisfaction when something good is cut off in its prime.

:crash:
I'm with you on Carnivale and Deadwood. Add in:

Sex and the City
The Sopranos (the best show of all time in my book) RIP James Gandolfini :sigh:
Frasier
The Golden Girls RIP ladies and long live Betty White! :hearthrob:
Are You Being Served? (I loved that show)
The Carol Burnett Show (Carol is brilliant)

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the British comedies, The Vicar of Dibley, Vicious, and my favorite As Time Goes By. I also like Pie In The Sky and Doc Martin. I don't know what happened to Vicious. I loved that show but it disappeared after a few shows.
I loves me some British comedy!

Pushing daisies was a show I was very disappointed didn't get more seasons. It was a real gem,very different,with lots of great talent and story. I remember being crushed when it was cancelled.

If they were still making episodes of the West wing,I would still be watching them. The series had run it's course,but I swear it was the best written show i had ever seen back then.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved Law and Order and miss having new episodes but I feel like it went on long enough. And it wouldn't be the same without Sam Waterston (not sure if they ended it because he wanted to quit or not). Most shows I like that aren't on anymore went on long enough and I'm not too annoyed they got canceled.

It's only the ones like Pushing Daisies that got cancelled way too soon that annoy me. I think Star Trek Enterprise should have had more than 4 seasons too.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for Firefly. I was gutted when it was cancelled. Then Mystery Science Theater and Futurama. Those last two had "reboots" years later but they just weren't the same.:bawling:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really liked Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar. It was based on an old Bette Davis movie. I was disappointed that they didn't finish the story. Also Pan Am, that show with the airline stewardesses. This was more of a TV movie, but I wish they would have continued with the Anne of Green Gables series before Gilbert Blythe died in real life.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loves me some British comedy!

Pushing daisies was a show I was very disappointed didn't get more seasons. It was a real gem,very different,with lots of great talent and story. I remember being crushed when it was cancelled.

If they were still making episodes of the West wing,I would still be watching them. The series had run it's course,but I swear it was the best written show i had ever seen back then.
I also love the British comedies. I forgot to mention The Last of The Summer Wine.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not watch regular network TV. I like ID channel, JUSTICE channel and Tyler Perry's nightime soaps on OPRAH'S NETWORK.
I bought DEADWOOD all the seasons and my dad borrowed it, come to think of it he still has them! Max and 1 love the animal channel too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Merlin was great! I don't know how they'd have kept it up after Arthur's death but we were sad to see it end.

We haven't had cable in years so I don't watch much unless its through Netflix or Amazon.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For me it was Downton Abbey. I was totally hooked on that show. I have all 6 seasons on DVD. Maggie Smith was fabulous in this!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mad Men comes to mind. A lot of the old shows, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, All in The Family and The Golden Girls.
Mad Men, many of the old shows, like Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, All in the Family, and The Golden Girls!!! :clap: great!!

ahhh, the 'old shows'!! some of them were such good shows that i still enjoy watching them, even though i've seen them many times. :agree:

you know, i never watched Mad Men. :dunno: i may very well have enjoyed it, too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wondered how "Invasion" would have worked out. "Cold Case" is another series I miss.
Invasion, and Cold Case!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i really enjoyed Cold Case too! i'd never even heard of Invasion, and i'm not sure i would have watched it -- reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the older version), which still creeps me out to this day. :eek:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moonlight with Alex O'Laughlin. It started on CBS before all the supernatural/vampire, etc stuff was popular. And it lasted only one season. The show was fairly good, but CBS didn't give it much of a chance at all. Now, we have Supernatural and Lucifer and all those kind of shows. (I have to admit that I didn't watch it on CBS; I found it during a mini-marathon on Sy-Fy one time. I have it on DVD.)
Moonlight!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

i had to look that one up, and i believe that i watched that show while it was running. it was a pretty good show! :agree: i would have liked that one to have continued too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , Whitechapel was good, wasn't it.

Carnivàle was on the brink of brilliance when they severed it after 2 series, most disappointing. :sigh:

Deadwood also left me feeling like I'd wasted my life, as it was most enjoyable but left me feeling deeply empty at its abrupt curtailment.

Then, of course, there's Firefly, which only managed one series yet was the highest rated sci-fi program of all time.

I feel uneasy about watching new series until they've run a few seasons as I can't bear the feeling of lingering dissatisfaction when something good is cut off in its prime.

:crash:

Carnivale
, Deadwood, and Firefly!!! :thumbsup: awesome!!

i loved Whitechapel! :redheartpump:

i wish i had seen Carnivale! reading about the series online, i think i would have really enjoyed the show.

i can understand that! :agree: and the 'good' shows seem to be the ones that are not renewed/canceled, while many of the totally horrible shows continue on. :disappointed: i mean, i'd be quite happy if they'd cancel Dancing with the Stars, and any and all Kardashian shows, and leave some of these good shows on/running.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good question! I'm sure there's more, but off the top of my head there's Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Joan of Arcadia. Both shows only ran 2 seasons, and both had cliffhanger-y final episodes that left you wanting to know what was going to happen next.

Brian007 Brian007 I was a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer and to a lesser degree Angel (the show) fan, but just couldn't get into Firefly.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Joan of Arcadia!!! :clap: great!! :D

i have not seen Joan of Arcadia, but it does sound interesting! i'll have to see if one of the streaming services i rotate through offers it. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if these shows were cancelled or we can't get them in the U.S. but I loved many of the BBC comedies such as: The Vicar of Dibley, Keeping Up Appearances, Vicious, Are You Being Served? and Coupling. (We have the box set of Fawlty Towers.)
many of the BBC comedies!!! :cloud9: really very nice!! :D

i loved Are You Being Served?, as well as Keeping Up Appearances! i've only seen a few episodes of Vicious, and enjoyed it very much.

i haven't watched any of The Vicar of Dibley, Coupling, or Fawlty Towers. i should check them out though...:think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely I think these series simply ran their course, rather than being cancelled. The Vicar of Dibley still pops up for 'specials' now and then (the last was 2015). However, the three key oldies have either died or developed dementia recently, so I can't see them making any more.

I recently discovered 'Fresh Meat', which is a total guilty pleasure about a group of university freshers and follows them through their 3 years study, set over four series. You might enjoy it. 'The Inbetweeners' too, which is about a group of high school boys through their 4 years at school (and then there's a movie set just after they leave school). Now, I'm a 43 year old female and have finally had to admit that I've still got the sense of humour of a teenage boy!

:crackup:
yes!! i've seen some episodes of Fresh Meat, as well as The Inbetweeners! those are good shows!! :agree: