Question Of The Day, Sunday, August 6, 2017

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure wish I did not like food. I would be so skinny and so healthy.

Muffy
Except I'm not. My thyroid has shut down and even though I'm on a super high dose of thyroid meds, it makes no difference.
Unfortunately I do get hungry on occasion, so I have to eat at least once a day.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
@caitini Yep, vegetarian Mexican would be my choice! :agree: There are usually some good vegetarian options at the Mexican restaurants here. Thai is also good, there are lots of good vegetarian options and we are lucky to have some good Thai restaurants in this area.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
For a while, there was a Mongolian-type restaurant in town, but it didn't last long. A shame, too, because it had great food.
I'm interested in what they served at the Mongolian restaurant. I spent about a month travelling through Mongolia and all we could find to eat was mutton, sheep's milk yogurt and cabbage salad. I don't eat meat, so that meant I mainly survived on cabbage and yogurt.

One time we went to a restaurant in Ulaanbattor and they had beef steak on the menu. Mr Husband ordered it, but it turned out to be a mutton hamburger.

:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Italian!!
I should edit my original post.. It is still Italian, proved by the fact that I tool a container of sauce with sausages out of the freezer yesterday, for today' supper!!
Italian!!! :thumbsup: so very tasty!! :yummy:

that sounds like a good supper, sauce with sausages! :agree: i was just thinking about that yesterday afternoon, while working on my upcoming shopping list -- i have sweet Italian sausages on my list. :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a lot in the way of different cuisines, other than the standard Italian, etc. There is a neat Mexican-type restaurant in town. They've been in business for quite a while now; it's a BYOB. And it's good food. For a while, there was a Mongolian-type restaurant in town, but it didn't last long. A shame, too, because it had great food.

I like Mexican and Italian.

Neat question!
it's the same here, where i live! and there's a really very good (from what i've heard) Mexican restaurant in the closest (to me) small town too. i haven't been there though, as that's 6 miles away.

ahhh, Mexican and Italian!!! :clap: very nice!!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I could probably eat different variations on burgers everyday. But my favorite type would be Mexican probably. We have this amazing little place near my house. Only 10 different items on the entire menu but their fajitas with fresh corn tortillas are to die for.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like French meals above all but also Italian and Spanish food. I enjoy cooking recipes from any of those origins but after living for some 40 years in France I have loved discovering the food from the different regions over there.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pasta so it's got to be Italian for me.
Italian, because you love pasta!!! :clap: most excellent!!

i think part of the reason i love Italian cuisine is that i love tomatoes and tomato-based foods (most things that have tomato paste, sauce, diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes in them). :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spicy foods and about 30 miles away there is a Mexican restaurant that serves some of the best food I have had. Many of the dishes have vegetables other than onions and peppers. There is also a separate vegetarian menu that is excellent. Just on that restaurant alone, I am going to say:

:jump: Mexican! :dazzler::party2::woo:
Mexican!!! :thumbsup: great!!

i really enjoy spicy foods too! :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love Mexican, and the spicier Chinese (Sichuan and Hunam, for instance), Indian and Italian

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm boring. I just like southern, country cooking. I am not much on Chinese, Japanese, or other types of cooking. I will eat Italian once in a while. Just give me a bowl of collards and some cornbread.
Southern, country cooking!!! :clap: really very nice!!

i wouldn't say that's boring! it sounds like good, and wholesome food. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@caitini Yep, vegetarian Mexican would be my choice! :agree: There are usually some good vegetarian options at the Mexican restaurants here. Thai is also good, there are lots of good vegetarian options and we are lucky to have some good Thai restaurants in this area.
vegetarian Mexican and Thai!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could probably eat different variations on burgers everyday. But my favorite type would be Mexican probably. We have this amazing little place near my house. Only 10 different items on the entire menu but their fajitas with fresh corn tortillas are to die for.
mmmm......different variations on burgers... :yummy:

and your favorite would be Mexican!!! :clap: great!!