Question of the day - Sunday 6 February

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe that is the the way it was here in the U.S. up to the 1960's. With regard to businesses bring closed on Sundays.
It was later than that. I was born in 1970 and I remember most businesses being closed on Sundays. I think that stopped in the early to mid 80's where I lived in NY.

Sunday is another day. Not as good as Saturday but much better than Monday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm confused. Is this mandatory? What if you're agnostic or atheist? Do you still have to pay the church? Are those the only two religions you're allowed to be?
You can be whatever you like - but if you are baptised in a Protestant or Catholic Church you are on their books and liable to pay Church taxes together with your income tax as soon as you start earning money - unless you make a formal application to leave. I came to Germany from England and the American helping foreign families to register in the city we were living, advised us not to tick the box agreeing to pay this tax as it is not so easy to cancel the arrangement. Other religions usually have the right to collect taxes from their members but the State doesn't organise the collection. You can be whatever you choose to be - or nothing at all.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Church, lunch out, rest. Sometimes we also visit with friends in the evening.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just another day to us.There are things that must be done pretty much daily,just like everyone else.But any " projects" can wait til Monday.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally join in with my church's Zoom service which has been online since the start of the pandemic as we have a lot of elderly people who are more vulnerable to the virus in our congregation. There is a physical socially distanced service at the church in the morning, but as I'm clinically vulnerable, I prefer to stick to the online service. Apart from that Sunday is just like any other day off for me. Normally I spend it with a walk in the afternoon if the weather is nice.