Question of the Day, Sunday 24 November, 2019

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We get occasional drop-in visits, generally from family members, and don't mind. I only recall one person showing up with a suitcase - an ex-boyfriend (now that's going way back) I didn't even know was in Europe. Hubby wasn't pleased, but he was gracious.
Wowza, was it awkward?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I also think in my suitcase scenario, culture has a lot to do with it. The American Valentes' had immigrated mostly in the 20s and 30s, while the Canadians were only there since the 60s. When one of the American or Canadian sides of the family visits Italy, there can be as many as 50 people at the airport to greet them with flowers and gifts. I so miss the close, extended family love from my ex's
relatives. I was treated as one of their own.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!!!! Ha!!! Was it ok?
Well, I'm afraid it's an 'is' rather than a 'was' at this point. They're still here! Bless their hearts (in that certain kind of way that we Southern ladies often use that term). :lol:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm afraid it's an 'is' rather than a 'was' at this point. They're still here! Bless their hearts (in that certain kind of way that we Southern ladies often use that term). :lol:

:p

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an antisocial introvert, so no. I don't know anyone who would stop by unannounced and expect to stay for more than a short visit unless it was an extreme emergency, like if their house just burned down and they had nowhere else to go.