Question of the Day - Monday, September 11, 2023

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like thin crust pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms and onions. When I get a pizza with a thicker crust I like to dip the crust in ranch dressing. I've never had Chicago or New York pizza but it's on my bucket list.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza is a weekly thing in the house, whether it's homemade or a frozen Digiorno. I do try to have dough balls in the freezer and, if I plan ahead, I can just grab a dough ball the day before and throw it in the fridge to thaw. I also try to keep sauce in the freezer.

Rick created a "Pizza" box in the freezer for dough balls, onions, peppers, pepperoni, and cheese.

He likes sausage, peppers, and 'shrooms. I'm a fan of pepperoni, but will chow down on anything but anchovies and olives of any kind.

I've been making a focaccia-type crust lately (recipe from Cooks Country). I love this crust. It crisps up nicely and browns beautifully. Usually in a square cookie sheet. We tend to go with thicker crusts.
PSPPizza.jpg

Oh, and on lazy nights when we want pizza, but don't want to deal with the hassle? We make flatbread pizza in the NFG. In six minutes, we have an individual pizza.
PizzaTwo.jpg

The absolute best pizza I've ever had in my life was at Pepe's in New Haven, CT. OMGosh, it was simply fabulous!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NY style pizza. Plain slice, the kind that folds nicely. Pepperoni on it is A+

I also love a good "Grandma Pie".

I'm not opposed to other kinds as long as it's good. We have a wood fired pizza place near us that makes an awesome all meat version - thin slices of meatballs, pepperoni, Italian sausage and Prosciutto. It's pretty addictive.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NY style pizza. Plain slice, the kind that folds nicely. Pepperoni on it is A+

I also love a good "Grandma Pie".

I'm not opposed to other kinds as long as it's good. We have a wood fired pizza place near us that makes an awesome all meat version - thin slices of meatballs, pepperoni, Italian sausage and Prosciutto. It's pretty addictive.