Question of the Day - Monday, September 11, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is one of those days that has a somber edge; remembering all the lives lost on 9-11 in New York City, Pennsylvania, and Washington DC. 😔 It IS starting to feel distant; it's even in my kid's history books. But at the same time its so close in our memories.

On that note; lets have a lighter discussion today. One of my favorite topics! Pizza!! ;) I have some strong opinions about pizza; but then I was born in a city with a large Italian population so I grew up spoiled. Trips home still mean getting pizza at my favorite places. I've searched high and low here and while I've found some good places; they just don't quite compare.

What is your favorite style of pizza? What toppings do you prefer?

My very most favorite place makes a thicker round pizza; but it's cut into squares. Their crust and sauce are so good you don't even need toppings. They do make a fantastic chicken wing pizza though. They basically just pull the meat and all off the bones and use it as pizza topping. It's FANTASTIC. Every baby in our family has teethed on the crust from this pizza place.

I do love a good pepperoni pizza; especially "New York Style" being more thin and floppy. But I also love a good white pizza with plenty of spinach and garlic! Occasionally I want a good veggie pizza with plenty of mushrooms but light on the onions and olives. A margarita pizza with fresh tomato slices and fresh basil is also amazing! I tried a pizza earlier this year that had salami as a topping and that was surprisingly good. Everyone wanted my pizza instead of their own.

DH and DD often go for a BBQ chicken pizza and those are good too. So is buffalo chicken. What I haven't tried in a while is the sausage pizza from another local place back home. Their pies are Sicilian style with their own homemade sausage on it. That pizzeria has been around for over 100 years; so I guess they know what they are doing. ;)

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love lots of pizza toppings. I do like a thicker crust because I'm one of those heathens who likes to dip my pizza in ranch dressing and you need a good thick base for that.

I've had a couple of variations of chicken and spinach with a white sauce and I think that is my most favorite. But I also like BBQ chicken, taco pizza, Hawaiian style pizza (another taboo, I don't mind pineapple on my pizza), supreme, or just a good cheese.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've never been a huge fan of pizza but we get one now and then. The thinner crust the better, IMO, with lots of veggies. Except for mushrooms. 🤢

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been a huge fan of pizza but we get one now and then. The thinner crust the better, IMO, with lots of veggies. Except for mushrooms. 🤢
For some reason I think veggie pizzas are best with thin crusts. Like the dough doesn't overwhelm the toppings.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like an in between crust. I don't like it really thick so it's like bread and I don't like it cracker thin, the kind I like often is referred to as hand tossed. I usually get either a plain cheese or pepperoni pizza. I like most of the conventional toppings like sausage, ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato. I don't care for olives or anchovies. I also don't care for chicken or pineapple on pizza.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband got me into Detroit style, like Jet's. Their turbo crust is amazing.

For toppings I like non pizza sauce (bbq, white sauce, EVOO, pesto for example), pepperoni, lots of cheese, bacon, sausage...I'm not so much into veggies on my pizza.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since Chicago is the original home of deep dish pizza I used to love it. 🍕 But as I got older I didn't need to eat all that dough. DH and I both prefer thin crust pizza now. I get mine loaded up with veggies and he likes sausage or pepperoni.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like thin crust for frozen pizzas and thicker if I order them from a restaurant. My favorite toppings are sausage and pineapple (yeah this might be considered a weird combination) and I also like chicken alfredo.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is thin crust Hawaiian (Canadian Bacon & Pineapple) . I haven't had Exceptional Pizza since my 3 year stay in Naples, Italy. At least I have fond memories.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly don't think I've ever had a pizza or type of crust that I didn't like.Have always been a big pizza fan and I will say we tend to have it more often than some,be it frozen from Aldi's,Little Caesar's or if I make it all myself.We both love it packed with veggies,sauce and cheese,some meats or a lot,doesn't matter,and I personally love the anchovies...on my pie or in my sauce.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like that mid-thickness that is usually marketed as "hand-tossed" ... not bready, not cracker-like. I enjoy a BBQ chicken (replace the normal sauce with BBQ sauce, add chicken and onions); normal sauce with bacon, green olives, and pineapple; or Buffalo chicken (Buffalo sauce, grilled chicken, sliced banana peppers, and red onions).

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a pizza I didn't like, but have not tried anchovies or pineapple on pizza. The most important thing to me is good cheese.