Question of the Day - Monday, January 11, 2021

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People who ride my butt when I'm driving the speed limit or even over the limit and not in the passing lane. Like, just go around me for cripes sake! Some people do it on the main road by my house which is only two lanes (one for each side) and I always get a weird pleasure when they are forced to wait for me to turn into my neighborhood.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh
I sincerely apologize if my pet peeve offended you in any way whatsoever. 🤗 Perhaps I should have written a disclaimer. I am very sympathetic to your situation especially since I helped care for both my parents later in life when they were wheelchair bound. I realize this is not the same situation as yours but nonetheless it is familiar to me.
No! Not at all! I was just admitting my own guilt. Haha! I always think about the "shopping cart theory" that says that people who do not put their shopping carts back are morally lacking. Every. Single. Time.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When people make eye contact with you from at least 10 yards away but still run into you while walking on the sidewalk. Especially couples. I let myself run into them if they make no effort to make space. I don't shoulder check them or anything, but especially if it's the guy, I'll brace myself so he's the one that gets jostled and confused while I just keep walking.

There's just so many people in Seoul walking around that it's impossible not to run into people, but when they make NO effort to even slightly move, making you move all the way to the other side (especially if you were on the right side), it's so frustrating as a human being.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
People who don't hold the door open when they are leaving and you are about to enter somewhere. Also people who don't say thank you if you hold the door open for them. Lack of basic manners like not saying Please, Pardon me, Thank You, and Your Welcome when called for just annoys me. I wish our society got back to valuing manners. The world would be a much better place.🙂

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually love it when I find a cart parked by the handicap spot!
Me too. I understand that handicap people leave their carts parked by the handicap spot to help out other handicap people.

People that leave their carts all over the lot used to irrate me too. But when I first started having problems with my knees I could understand why some people did that. Sometimes there were times when I was in too much pain to leave my cart in the right spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my kids were little I always tried to park as close as I could to the cart returns. Our Walmart has them spaced nicely. The one by my mom has them ridiculously far back. One other local grocery store has tiny spots so if you park by one you risk getting dents from people trying to get by. I never used my kids as an excuse to leave my cart though. I do need to remember not to get peeved with people who might be having an unseen issue; but I’ve seen plenty of people just bebopin along without a care leave them behind too. Thats whats really irritating.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People who don't hold the door open when they are leaving and you are about to enter somewhere. Also people who don't say thank you if you hold the door open for them. Lack of basic manners like not saying Please, Pardon me, Thank You, and Your Welcome when called for just annoys me. I wish our society got back to valuing manners. The world would be a much better place.🙂
Oh my goodness, absolutely yes! I live in the big city of LA and it’s just totally normal when that happens. It’s actually kind of uncommon for somebody to thank me when I’m holding open the door. Of course, it still bugs me, though.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, absolutely yes! I live in the big city of LA and it’s just totally normal when that happens. It’s actually kind of uncommon for somebody to thank me when I’m holding open the door. Of course, it still bugs me, though.
I live on the other coast and forget it--manners and common courtesy are becoming a thing of the past. I see so many incidences where if someone was courteous, there wouldn't be unnecessary drama. Yesterday, in a shopping center parking lot, someone was patiently waiting for a car to pull out. Another car seem to come out of no where and swooped in and took the parking spot. The person waiting was upset, while the other party just said "Tough luck, you were too slow!" 🙄 SMH! This is the kind of nonsense I see all the time. We need to get back to the basics and fast. :sigh:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, in a shopping center parking lot, someone was patiently waiting for a car to pull out. Another car seem to come out of no where and swooped in and took the parking spot. The person waiting was upset, while the other party just said "Tough luck, you were too slow!" 🙄 SMH! This is the kind of nonsense I see all the time. We need to get back to the basics and fast. :sigh:
Where is Kathy Bates when you need her?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live on the other coast and forget it--manners and common courtesy are becoming a thing of the past. I see so many incidences where if someone was courteous, there wouldn't be unnecessary drama. Yesterday, in a shopping center parking lot, someone was patiently waiting for a car to pull out. Another car seem to come out of no where and swooped in and took the parking spot. The person waiting was upset, while the other party just said "Tough luck, you were too slow!" 🙄 SMH! This is the kind of nonsense I see all the time. We need to get back to the basics and fast. :sigh:
thats when you slash the tires all four or let the air out of them all

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I would never do that, but do these rude people realize that one day they will tick off the wrong people with there nasty behavior and andand
I would never do that, but if these people pull this stunt on the wrong person(s) they would instantly regret it. It usually takes a rude awakening for them to cut this bs out.🤨

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I am adding another. Apple. As in the IPad and IPhone people. For the last year they have been messing with their keyboard and it is making me insane. When you type, out of the blue it capitalizes a letter here and there and you can no longer quickly delete Out (see what I mean?) letters when you need to correct.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never do that, but do these rude people realize that one day they will tick off the wrong people with there nasty behavior and andand

I would never do that, but if these people pull this stunt on the wrong person(s) they would instantly regret it. It usually takes a rude awakening for them to cut this bs out.🤨
:lol:that would be me only need a small gap in the window to put a fist through the window onto the jaw if it happens to be another man

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay I am adding another. Apple. As in the IPad and IPhone people. For the last year they have been messing with their keyboard and it is making me insane. When you type, out of the blue it capitalizes a letter here and there and you can no longer quickly delete Out (see what I mean?) letters when you need to correct.
I blame 90% of my typos here on that!! :crazy:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Careful with that. I just got new tires and it was over $1,000, and I think that's the threshold for making it a felony. And you probably don't want to make yourself a felon over a parking space.

(. . .stupid expensive tires, hmph.)

Yeah, I always park as close to the cart returns as possible, because I don't mind walking a long way to the store but for some reason I DO mind walking a long way to the cart return, lol. Usually the space right next to the cart corral is open, because most people don't want their car dinged, but I don't care about that.

Hmm, something petty, not a legitimate beef. . .

Ok, when you're walking in a store and someone is coming by so you step out of the way, but you guess wrong about which way to step and they walk that way too, so that you're in a dance-off with them. I hate that! I was just trying to let them by without engaging with them, I didn't want it to be awkward.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Careful with that. I just got new tires and it was over $1,000, and I think that's the threshold for making it a felony. And you probably don't want to make yourself a felon over a parking space.

(. . .stupid expensive tires, hmph.)

Yeah, I always park as close to the cart returns as possible, because I don't mind walking a long way to the store but for some reason I DO mind walking a long way to the cart return, lol. Usually the space right next to the cart corral is open, because most people don't want their car dinged, but I don't care about that.

Hmm, something petty, not a legitimate beef. . .

Ok, when you're walking in a store and someone is coming by so you step out of the way, but you guess wrong about which way to step and they walk that way too, so that you're in a dance-off with them. I hate that! I was just trying to let them by without engaging with them, I didn't want it to be awkward.
appreciate the concern even though its years to late for me :lol:i had a bad attitude when i was younger

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I hate that too!! :angrywoman: :lol2:

Our old neighborhood wasn’t that great. They only let you park 1 car next to your house (we got a letter about that...:rolleyes3:) so if you had 2 cars one had to go on the street.

DH went to leave for work one morning and someone had slashed one tire on every street parked car (including mine). It was some teens that were somehow caught. We got letters in the mail from the courts and for a while small checks. Of course we had to buy 2 tires; but I was driving a Neon then so it didn’t need expensive ones.

I don’t miss living there! 😉

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, my parents are in a parking war with their neighbor. They currently have 4 cars "living" at their house (each of theirs, my brother's, and an old car that will be my nephew's at some point) and my brother's girlfriend is there often. They can't park on the street for more than 24 hours and can only fit 2 cars in the driveway (the garage is full of junk). They move the spare car around every day so it's not in the exact same spot when the cops come by, and the other cars are used daily. Their neighbor calls the cops. If they park in their own yard (around the side of the garage), he calls the cops. If they park behind the other cars in the driveway, even for 5 minutes while loading up, he calls the cops. Pretty sure the cops are sick of him. But they have to come out for every complaint and talk to my parents. So my dad is being as obnoxious as possible, by parking as close as he legally can to the neighbor's driveway, by marking the curb and the car with the date in bright chalk, anything he can do to be passive-aggressively obnoxious.

It's kind of funny. If the neighbor started slashing tires it wouldn't be funny anymore, and there would definitely be legal action. But he's old and quite overweight and probably is physically incapable of doing that. All he can do is stare out his window and annoy the police.

So it's fair to say that neighbor's petty peeve is people who have too many drivers in the same house, lol.