Question of the Day, Friday, November 29

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, I'm not there yet, I had a plate of leftovers for breakfast and I'm too full to drink, LOL. That turkey was delicious too, and who doesn't like stuffing & taters with gravy on Black Friday? Whoa, Longhorns & Red Raiders on next, I'm in football heaven!!! LOL... 🏈

Later, it'll be beer-thirty and more football, WOOHOO!!! I'm catching up, you see, since I only had TV installed in my home last week. In fact, I have to straighten out the TV app business today, maybe cough up a payment for YouTube TV... 📺

I missed 12 weeks of NFL action as well as all the college games, so I'm gonna binge on football this weekend... perfect weather for it too, I'm not missing anything out there in that cold wet slop, LOL. :storm:

I was gonna do some skirting work on the ol' double-wide this weekend, but that's not happening in this cold wet weather, not with a raw wind blowing... I'm thinking hot bath instead, then a cold beer or two, aye? Some guy from work may stop by later to play pool, but the flatscreen is up and running in the Pool Room, so we can shoot stick and not miss any football. Did I mention that this is a sweet bachelor pad? Now all I have to do is find a gal who likes pool, football & cold beer, LOL. No tatted-up biker chicks with bad attitudes and records as long as their arms... maybe a climbing gal, someone down-to-earth who appreciates Nature (and an 8' pool table that's a work of art, LOL). 🎱

IMG_9735.JPG

P.S. Texas Tech scores first, Longhorns are lagging, LOL. 🐮

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought I was going to have to go to Lowes; but I'm good! :woohoo: DH and I hung the Christmas lights on the house last weekend; but last night he told me they were falling off over the garage (the highest part of our roofline). I bought new clips this year and they are different from the old ones. I was afraid I would have to go get new ones today; but I found a box of the old ones in with our Christmas stuff. 😌

I did get something online late last night. One thing on DD's list was on sale for $20 a few weeks ago. Tuesday it was up to $25. Today it's $15. So I grabbed that quick! ;)

If I do any more shopping it will be online. I've got a lot done already anyway. Today we decorate! :banana1:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might go grocery shopping. I'll have to see what the deals are like in some of the stores I normally go to, to see if it would be worth it to pick up a few things.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm headed for the thrift store that the rescue I volunteer at runs. I need a chair. I have a large friend - 6'6" and 300+ pounds. For years I have had him sit in a special chair that he won't break. I needed to look something up on the internet, so I took his chair, "Just for a second!" That's all it took. The next sound I hear is a tremendous bang! He had sat in the chair that I had him not sit in for 5 years and that he had broken the springs on before. I would have it repaired again, but it is the chair that Seal has chosen for his scratching post (even though there is a scratching post right next to it!) and it is in rough shape. So time for another chair, one my large friend won't break! That is all the shopping I will do today!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am buying virtual clothing (I'm playing an online game LOL)
But seriously, I'm still looking for a cat tree and hoping I find a bargain today but so far no such luck.
I'm also really annoyed how Olympus keeps sending out "sale" emails for their lenses that are so NOT sales. It's the same darn price in every single sale. I know - I've been tracking the prices for well over a year now. They NEVER go literally on sale. Ever. Really really aggravates me. I tried getting in touch with them about their false advertising but guess what? Never heard from them. How surprising.
EDIT: Online only. I wouldn't step into a store if you paid me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked at some of the ads and just really wasn't all that impressed.My Christmas shopping is done,but I got to thinking about
a paper shredder,so I've been looking,and actually settled on one from QVC.Free shipping and that was a bonus,so there I am.It'll be here in a few days!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I went to Rockler, got everything on my list, and still had money left over. The new lights are installed in the garage, and the difference is amazing, and they are cheaper to run, to boot. Plus, I saved $180 from the regular price.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything but the hospital is closed today due to the storm. Funny thing is they predicted feet above the 3500' level with a high of 29° on the mountain. We got about 3" and the sun is shining, about 40°.
hat's another thing, the wind was HOWLIN' last night, the kind of wind that causes damage to one's property,
We got gusts around 65-70 mph.

Not doing online shopping today.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't planning on buying anything today. But I decided to go online and see what was on sale at some of the stores I will need to visit for Christmas gift shopping. I ended up buying a couple pairs of pants for hubby :thumbsup: and a pair of PJs for me :paperbag: for 50% off. Saved almost 80 bucks and got free shipping!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No shopping at all. We hike on Black Friday.
That looks nice. I went for a hike yesterday, it was very cold and snowy though.

Black Friday isn't really a thing over here, but I don't buy anything unless I really need it. I'm trying to be as minimalist as possible, so no shopping for me.