Question of the Day, Friday, November 29

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy (Black) Friday! :yess:

Will you be buying anything today? Anything at all? Online or at the store?

We are going down to PetSmart to buy canned cat food and dog treats; I ordered 20 pails of Tidy Cats online and I think that will be in tomorrow. And then (maybe) off to Target for a new trash can and some other items for the shed. But I think that's it. Nothing exotic.

I may do some online shopping for the grands tonight.

What about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No I don't do Black Friday. I went to Kroger this morning to get some gift wrap and tags. They were passing out gift cards at the door. I used it at checkout and it was for $5. I didn't expect it to be much but $5 is $5. I saw a woman with 3 Instapots in her cart. I looked at the Black Friday ad that they were passing out at the door and they were $49.95. That is a good deal but I already have one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just came back from PetSmart. 22 pails of cat litter and 100 cans of food. The cats won't starve and they can pee and poop to their hearts' content. At Target, we bought a waste paper can, season 14 of Supernatural and seasons 3 and 4 of Outlander.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am off to Walmart, pray for me. Not only the day after Thanksgiving but hours before another snowstorm hits here. I am only going because I have a item waiting for pickup that will get cancelled if I don’t get it in the next two days. But as long as I am there I have groceries I need for my mom and a gift for my sister that I will shop for.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am off to Walmart, pray for me.
If they manage it like they do here, it should be OK. By this time of the day all the specials are done and it's calmed down a lot.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Petsmart and Chewy. I'm going to the city tonight to rummage through the leftovers, and go to TSC to see if they have any of the $9.99 Tidy Cats left. I'll probably pick up some of the Petsmart stuff tonight, and some tomorrow.

I thought about getting a new tablet, because mine is an old model and pretty slow. It's $199 from Costco for the 128gb model, which is a good price. The sale runs all weekend, I'll make up my mind later.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Expected throngs at Walmart but the parking was only half full. Fewer people inside than a usual Saturday. Picked up my will call item, no other customers in line. Did my grocery shopping, found some great bargains on towels (thin towels for hair washing $1.60 each) and found my sisters gift, a rechargeable floor and carpet vac. Only one person in front of me at checkout and I was in and out of the store in less than an hour.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weather is cold, wet & nasty here today... no WAY I leave the warmth & comfort of my own home, not to mention all the football on TV!!! I don't care if they're Flashback Friday games, I haven't seen 'em yet... right now I'm watching a pretty good game between Oregon & Oregon State. This ugly refrigerated rain outside has pneumonia written all over it, I even brought the cats back inside for awhile, no point in them running around in this cold wet slop. Little Phoenix was sitting out there on a ledge, freezing in that raw wind, so I coaxed her back inside. That's another thing, the wind was HOWLIN' last night, the kind of wind that causes damage to one's property, 10-4? I felt sorry for any homeless folks out in that cold, wet & windy weather... moi, I'm thankful to have a roof over my head, and to provide a roof for my cats. Here they are during the second half of last night's game between the Saints & Falcons:

IMG_6194.JPG IMG_6197.JPG IMG_6195.JPG IMG_6196.JPG

Tiger & Phoenix in the cold this morning... light is crummy due to the storm, so that second shot is blurry, but Tiger has laser eyes so I'm tossing the photo into the mix, LOL.

IMG_6200.JPG IMG_6202.JPG

I can't even see the Stronghold this morning, it's hidden in the clouds & rain to the east. Naaaaah, no shopping for this kid today, I already have everything I need for the weekend. I might get on the horn later and pay some bills, I use a debit card for that purpose... I'll go ahead and pay these bills early so I'm looking good over the upcoming holiday season. Cheers!!! 🎄