Question Of The Day, Friday, March 30

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had mostly male cats. The first cat I ever had was male and almost perfect, so when I got a Siberian, I wanted a male. Then I got another male rescue to be his companion. I took a feral from the yard that I thought might be female because that cat was such a delicate beauty. That cat was a male also. A female stray wandered up and lived in my carport for a few months until I took her in.

Right now -
Males: Diamond, Seal and Leonid.
Female: Lilah

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now I have one cat that is female. The cat that I had PTS in January was a male. He was the special one for me, I still love Alice but he was special. He had been rejected by his mother when he was very young so he had that special bond with humans that most bottle babies have. I have never really thought about gender when it comes to cats. I know that with dogs if there will be a pair there is less likely to be issues if they are male/female rather then two of the same gender.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've primarily had males (just two of them chosen by us, not the other way around), plus a hermaphrodite for a couple of years in a foster situation. Her name was ZsaZsa and she was so dainty we considered her more of a female.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I've only ever had 2 cats in my life, and they're one of each gender.

I can't decide yet if males are better than females or vice versa. I need more cats to make that decision ;)

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ccurrently have one of each but usually I have had mostly had males. Max likes to boss Mouse around, a real problem child!!!!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two males though when my mother was younger she only had female cats. My aunt has a male though my cousin has a female - I have to judge based on the family since my boys are the first kitties I've owned.