Question Of The Day, Friday, February 8

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well, I used to kind of like washing dishes by hand (even though I have a dishwasher) sometimes...until I worked in the non-profit's cafe kitchen. We had no commercial dishwasher, which the Health Department requires. We had the three-bay wash, rinse and sanitize sink (required even if you have the dishwasher). We used bleach in the sanitizing sink, and I usually got stuck washing the dishes. Even with gloves, my hands would get messed up. On the bright side, I probably had the cleanest hands of anyone I knew!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We didn't have a dishwasher for the first 25 years of our marriage because there was no place in the little kitchen for one. When we built this house I had to learn how to use it. I had some problems because our county water system was so bad. I had to use all kinds of stuff to keep it clean on the inside from the calcium build up. Because of the bad water, I never put my glasses in the washer. I stacked everything except the pots and pans and washed them. Hubby would dry anything in the drying rack and set them on the counter to be put away. We finally bought a water softening system for the whole house. But I still wash the glasses and pots and pans by hand. It takes several days to fill the dishwasher. Because of that, I rinse everything first.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
~ I have never used a dishwasher. Do they do as good as a hand wash?
:ruminating: I may be missing out on another modern convenience ..

Hahaha I thought I was the only one who never uses a dishwasher...and yes I hate dishes..in my house I do the cooking and he cleans up after me :flail:because if I do dishes I end up splashing water all over the counters and floors. :rolleyes3:

Oh we have paper plates for most meals..:bliss:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a dishwasher. Where my brother lives in Texas, all the apartments have dishwashers. The ones in Upstate NY don't. I've lived in at least 10 different apartments and none of them had one.