Question Of The Day, Friday, April 5

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy skim milk, which I mostly use in my coffee. I also buy 2% for my fiancé. I have a bit of whole milk that I used for a recipe. Whatever they put in coffee when I go out is fine.

I guess I'm not super picky. I don't drink just milk usually, though, anymore.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm horribly allergic to milk so I drink only soy, almond, coconut and the ilk. I don't actually drink any of it but use it in cooking for curries or mashed potatoes. When I did drink milk I hated anything above 2% and greatly preferred skim milk.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like 2%, although, whole milk is fine. I hate 1% and skim milk. My husband prefers skim, but 2% has grown on him. I keep dry milk on hand for baking. (I have an amazing milk bread recipe!) I like half-and-half in my tea. Four of my cats love half-and-half. One of the four cannot half it because he is lactose intolerant, so the other three only get it when he is not around.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I drink a half glass of whole milk every night before bed. I can't stand the others. When I went to a diet meeting one day, the leader had a gallon of milk and a tablespoon and sneered, "There are two whole tablespoons of fat in a gallon of milk," trying to discourage us from drinking whole milk. Really? It's not like you drink the whole gallon of milk all at once. One glass of milk has a very small amount of fat, like a quarter teaspoon, much less than a pat of butter.
That’s the way I feel about Half and Half for coffee. Yes, I know it has a higher fat content, but I love the rich taste in my coffee. A quart of it lasts two weeks, so I’m not guzzling the stuff!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Full fat usually, sometimes skimmed a little, straight from the cow. (Well, I use a glass) :lol:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink a half glass of whole milk every night before bed. I can't stand the others. When I went to a diet meeting one day, the leader had a gallon of milk and a tablespoon and sneered, "There are two whole tablespoons of fat in a gallon of milk," trying to discourage us from drinking whole milk. Really? It's not like you drink the whole gallon of milk all at once. One glass of milk has a very small amount of fat, like a quarter teaspoon, much less than a pat of butter.
Some brands of skim milk will add sugar back into the milk to get around the bland, watery taste of skim if you're used to whole.
I'd rather have the fat of the cream.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG. Nutter Butter cereal?. I'm adding that to my grocery list. lol That sounds good.

I usually get 2 percent. Once in awhile I'll pick up a gallon of whole milk and it's hard to go back to 2 percent after having the full fat stuff. When I was young we would get cream from my grandparents farm and I would eat that with cereal.....That was next level good..lol I've never tried shelf stabilized milk. I've never bought powdered milk.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Daughter of a door-to-door milkman here and I can not stomach the thought of drinking a glass of milk. :lol: I must have had too much as a child. I buy skim milk, but I use it only in my coffee. My husband uses it in his granola in the morning.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have kids so I go through 2-3 gallons a week. They prefer 2% but we've been getting 1% lately because DH prefers that. I will drink a glass here and there; but I only like it very cold. When I was pregnant with my kids I would drink a small glass most days to counteract the heartburn.

I prefer the 2% for cooking but we have some powdered around for emergencies or baking. I don't use it often though.