Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! What a creep! Well it was his loss-

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

I found it! I was searching for Sasha's old photos and here it is. I was 16 and I got asked by a Senior! I got in at 2 a.m. Wooooooooooo
I think Ali MacGraw was a very popular actress then and I remember I was determined to be just like her!
Very pretty photo! I did go to my senior prom, only because I was determined to and because a good friend egged me on...shy me asked the pole vaulting jock I was tutoring...silly me...I didn't hang in the same crowd, didn't know he had a girl friend, and wasn't exactly on her favorites list when he said "yes".
I remember after the shock of him saying yes, telling my friend who so encouraged me, and she said she could never turn around and do the same with the guy she wanted to go with!!
Of course, he wacked his back on a vault, so went to the prom on crutches...we actually had a good time.

In the life is weird department, years later, in my 30's, I met him again at this friends house, and he let me know he'd really wanted to ask my friend
I honestly wish he hadn't told me. Then, my thought was, well, you didn't have the guts to ask her, she didn't have the guts to ask the guy she wanted to go with, I had the guts to ask you and I had a good time...that memory can not be taken away.

sheesh!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

In the life is weird department, years later, in my 30's, I met him again at this friends house, and he let me know he'd really wanted to ask my friend
I honestly wish he hadn't told me. Then, my thought was, well, you didn't have the guts to ask her, she didn't have the guts to ask the guy she wanted to go with, I had the guts to ask you and I had a good time...that memory can not be taken away.

sheesh!
And now he is fat, balding, and floating around someplace on Match.com

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was mean of him to say to you. He sounds like a miserable man, that's probably why he made such a rude comment. Things like that are best to keep to yourself.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And now he is fat, balding, and floating around someplace on Match.com
No, he was still incredibly cute, but with more of a history by then, a sad one. I felt bad for how life had gone for him.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

That was mean of him to say to you. He sounds like a miserable man, that's probably why he made such a rude comment. Things like that are best to keep to yourself.
I think it just popped out in one of those being "too honest" moments about our life as teens. But I did wish he hadn't shared it!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

All right so it was only 4 years ago, but this is my senior prom pic:

And...you also get a good view of my hometown, Ormond Beach, in that pic. Sorry it's kind of far away!
I know that beach!!
My family and some friends are in Daytona.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

I know that beach!!
My family and some friends are in Daytona.

Yay!! I absolutely love the Ormond Beach atmosphere. It's got a different feel from Daytona, but it's definitely nice having Daytona as our neighbor -- it adds more nightlife than Ormond would otherwise have! I really miss Ormond when I'm away at college!! Luckily though, finals are next week and that means I can go home for a few days out of every week during summer!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Yay!! I absolutely love the Ormond Beach atmosphere. It's got a different feel from Daytona, but it's definitely nice having Daytona as our neighbor -- it adds more nightlife than Ormond would otherwise have! I really miss Ormond when I'm away at college!! Luckily though, finals are next week and that means I can go home for a few days out of every week during summer!
Kat, is that your midriff showing??? I guess it is Florida!!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kat, is that your midriff showing??? I guess it is Florida!!!!
hahaha yeah, it is. Those kinds of dresses were really popular in my area about that time (2001). I absolutely loved that dress. It was fun, bright, and I knew it would stand out so I was really excited about it! It was, afterall, early May in Florida!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great thread idea, MA and great pics everyone!! I just dug this ancient picture out tonight. This is me (on left) and my best friend Paula (on right) in 1996. The picture quality sucks b/c my scanner is pretty crappy.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I found it! I was searching for Sasha's old photos and here it is. I was 16 and I got asked by a Senior! I got in at 2 a.m. Wooooooooooo
I think Ali MacGraw was a very popular actress then and I remember I was determined to be just like her!
Wooo Hoo! Look at the hottie!! Elizabeth, that was a very classy look. That looks like that could've been a pic from prom this year, you have great taste!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Beautiful picture, Kelly!
Thanks Sam! That's one of my favorite photos of us. I don't get to see her as much as I did in high school. We live 3.5 hours apart now
We keep the phone lines hot, though!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Great thread idea, MA and great pics everyone!! I just dug this ancient picture out tonight. This is me (on left) and my best friend Paula (on right) in 1996. The picture quality sucks b/c my scanner is pretty crappy.
OMG you are so gorgeous. Do you know I have 6 brothers?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

..... Elizabeth, that was a very classy look. That looks like that could've been a pic from prom this year, you have great taste!
Well thanks ma'am!
My grandmother had the great style in our family. After she came to America from Russia in 1912, learned English and went to college, she opened up an accessories boutique in New York City. She had the best bags, hats, gloves...and hair ornaments "all the way from Paris", which was a big deal back then (this was when Russia and France were good friends so she got great stuff!).