problem with wilbur

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can barter something with the rescue - service for service? Do they have a Web site? Offer to build one for them and administer/manage it pro bono for ... I don't know -- forever??? JK

I mean you have a high-cost skill that they may not be able to handle.... and they have a vet whose fees you cannot handle right now.

So, what's a little indentured servitude to help your kitties, right?

Or you can offer that to the local vet clinic... don't know if they have a site either. Worth a try. In this economy, bartering is not a bad way to go.

Also, is there ANYONE in your life who could lend you the money - siblings, friends, relatives??????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great minds think alike eh?

Here's an email I sent

I have done some fostering work in the past in Arizona. I offered any services you could use to help. I’ve noticed that many times I go to your website and it’s down and not working. I own a few web servers and do lots of HTML work (websites). If you’re having trouble with hosting, or need someone that can help with the site I would be happy to offer my services free of change including hosting the website, and all the email.

This is a professional service, and I do it for business clients . To view the last foster work I did you can go to www.fosterkitty.com and see the site, and the cat’s/kittens. Go to the very bottom of the page and click the first number to see it from the beginning.

Anyway, I would like to help. I have had financial problems and was laid off so I can’t offer money.
I'm going there in the moring. Since they have a vet on site. She's the one i talked to when I took the kittens in and she gave me the voucher for spaying Tinker. I'll see if I can get her and maybe, just maybe she'll take a look. I'm taking him in with me so if I can get her, I'll find a way to make her feel bad if she doesn't
lol. Not really but I will definitely try and get her to do it. I've already told the people there I'd donate my time in the rescue house itself. But the people that run the money and website I THINK are different people. so i just approached it as a new thing.

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Maybe you can barter something with the rescue - service for service? Do they have a Web site? Offer to build one for them and administer/manage it pro bono for ... I don't know -- forever??? JK

I mean you have a high-cost skill that they may not be able to handle.... and they have a vet whose fees you cannot handle right now.

So, what's a little indentured servitude to help your kitties, right?

Or you can offer that to the local vet clinic... don't know if they have a site either. Worth a try. In this economy, bartering is not a bad way to go.

Also, is there ANYONE in your life who could lend you the money - siblings, friends, relatives??????
And no, there really isn't any family I can lean on except here with mom. I'm the one THEY go to when the chips are down. lol it doesn't work the other way around.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

And no, there really isn't any family I can lean on except here with mom. I'm the one THEY go to when the chips are down. lol it doesn't work the other way around.
Wow, do I know THAT feeling!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, good vibes going out to you so that Wilbur gets better soon!
I am so sorry that you are in this situation, i was reading your posts anxiously and it's just making me feel so sad for you to be in such a place..I know people who would let their cats stay sick rather than take them to the vet, even if they have the money just because they don't want to pay...And here you are willing to give your last dollar if only you had it, it's just so unfortunate that you have to go through it...I mean I know everyone on this site loves cats and would likely do the same, but still...
I'd probably pawn something or sell something to get some $ fast if nothing else works, but that's just me and I'm just mentioning it in case you didn't think of it...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I'd probably pawn something or sell something to get some $ fast if nothing else works, but that's just me and I'm just mentioning it in case you didn't think of it...
he sold everything when he had to move... i don't think he has anything left to pawn.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fastnoc - where are you? Do you have a VCA Animal Hospital in your city, or somewhere you could drive to? They do have free consultations for new patients... You can get a coupon online...
Also: what about going to that shelter you dropped the kitties off today? You mentioned they had a full time vet in there - I am sure they can understand your situation... you could arrange to volunteer in order to pay for the services?
I wish I could send you $$$, but I am on the same boat here...

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking wilbur in this morning to get some x-rays and find out what's in his tummy. But honestly I think he passed whatever it was. he didn't throw up once, and was EXTREMELY playful. moreso than he has been since he got here. although that also includes pouncing on daddy while he's sound asleep. I stayed up with him until about 4am and got about an hour sleep until he jumped on my face

I think we're in good shape but I'm still getting the vet today

Really I appreciate all the money offers more than you can imagine. but I think i can get this handled without help. As long as nothing else comes up over the next month we'll all be ok.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
JT, glad to hear you are getting Wilbur into seeing the vet, and that he had a good night. Hopefully everything is going well. I hope Tink is feeling better also!

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing new on Wilbur yet huh ? I hope he is over whatever it was and he will be fine....Could just be the stress of it all...I have one cat that if he gets to stressed he gets crystals in his bladder...prob cause he stops eating and drinking when something stress's him...Hopefully thats all it is ....when it rains it pours for sure...

Nancy

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got him in today. the vet took x-rays and said there's nothing stuck in his tummy.

She also said after other tests (i don't know what they were. the paperwork is in the car) that she thinks he might just have a hairball. I didn't go back in the examination room with him. I kind of wish i had.

Wouldn't they see a hariball in an x-ray?

Anyway, he actually threw up there at the vet right after I got him there. She said there was no blood in the vomit, and that I may have just mistaken the color, which is definitely possible. She gave me a prescription for ringworm medicine, then said he might just be feeling the stress of all the moving recently, and it has made him sick.

I hope that's right. she also said the ringworm wouldn't be causing him to throw up.

So i am going to get some hairball stuff later today. any suggestions? She wrote down Lax’aire and said the goal is to lubricate his tummy so that the hairball will pass. if i get this i have to give him high doses for 3 to 5 days. I had no idea it took that long.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I got him in today. the vet took x-rays and said there's nothing stuck in his tummy.

She also said after other tests (i don't know what they were. the paperwork is in the car) that she thinks he might just have a hairball. I didn't go back in the examination room with him. I kind of wish i had.

Wouldn't they see a hariball in an x-ray?

Anyway, he actually threw up there at the vet right after I got him there. She said there was no blood in the vomit, and that I may have just mistaken the color, which is definitely possible. She gave me a prescription for ringworm medicine, then said he might just be feeling the stress of all the moving recently, and it has made him sick.

I hope that's right. she also said the ringworm wouldn't be causing him to throw up.

So i am going to get some hairball stuff later today. any suggestions? She wrote down Laxâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]aire and said the goal is to lubricate his tummy so that the hairball will pass. if i get this i have to give him high doses for 3 to 5 days. I had no idea it took that long.
Oh that's a relief!!! I'm wondering if the vomiting irritated his esaphogus(sp?)
and that's where the little bit of bleeding came from...

I don't know about that kind of hairball med. My boyfriend would routinely give his RB cat Laxatone - tuna fish flavored. Cato liked it and he would ask for it; not all cats do. I think HB meds are all vaseline-like in their nature.

Someone else here may have more experience with it. But meantime,

That there is nothing stuck in his belly like a piece of metal or something.

BTW - were you able to work something out with the rescue?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear it is nothing major. You could always feed a furball preventive food? if that's too expensive at the moment when you get back on your feet

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear little Wilbur is doing better, and there is nothing metal in his belly. I know you have to be relieved. I do hope he continues to do better each day. How is Tink doing?? Hope all get some sleep tonight.