problem with wilbur

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susan do you know the name of the company that will give $$ for financial hardship for situations like this with thier cats? My mind is drawing blank I just cannot think of it. Anyone?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, you can go to petfinder.org and put in your zip code and find all the surrounding rescue angencies and start calling and see if anyone can help, there should be a list. These people are cat lovers so there should be someone to help you, even if its an hour away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I not only called the rescue group i went to the building today again and nobody answers the door. there's 2 rescue groups here and neither answer the phone (though I did leave messages saying it's an emergency). I talked to one of them last week about the kittens and they only handle dogs according to them. they referred me to the group I ended up going to.

THe on-call lady told me that if I take him in tomorrow morning that i could probably work something out with the vet. so she told me to take away his food and water for the night. So that's what I'm going to try to do.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my god I dind't even know those places existed. i'm going through them now.

THANK you for those links.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
JT,

I'm really hoping that you can work something out with the vet so that he/she will see Wilbur and take payment later. On the other hand, I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

A couple other suggestions that you may have already thought of:

I know YOU can't get Care Credit, but what about your mother? Could she apply and you pay her back?

Can you work some sort of agreement out with the shelter/rescue that you surrender Wilbur for the time being, but keep him as a foster so he doesn't actually have to go to the shelter. Then, once you have the money to pay them back for their vet bills, you can "adopt" him again? The shelter people may laugh at me for suggesting this, but perhaps it is worth a try? (if you surrendered him, wouldn't they have to pay for his vet care, PLUS food and care for an extra cat in their shelter?

that everything works out!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to use a vet on Airport Rd. (US 70), just west of Lake Hamilton. They were good folks, but that was 20 years ago.

Poor Wilbur. Sometimes it doesn't rain but what it pours.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Fastnoc I would still try to apply through credit care if you havent tried already and see if they can at least approve you for a small amount

http://www.carecredit.com/

The following links are organizations that will help with finances with a sick cat. These below are not based on credit worthiness but the need of your kitty.

http://www.uan.org/index.cfm?navid=28

http://www.imom.org/

http://felineoutreach.org/Assistance.asp

http://felineoutreach.org/Organizations.asp
FYI the carecredit isn't accepting applications due to year end maintenance, and the UAN site said they aren't taking new apps till 1-5 but that's tomorrow.

I'll see what i can line up thought.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

We used to use a vet on Airport Rd. (US 70), just west of Lake Hamilton. They were good folks, but that was 20 years ago.

Poor Wilbur. Sometimes it doesn't rain but what it pours.
yeah that's the same place. Lake Hamilton Animal Hospital. they have two locations. That's the one that returned my call from the on call vet.

I know this sucks but damnit I'm not giving up. I can get Wilbur through this somehow. Ive taken him off the food and water. it's already 5pm so in about 14 hours I can take him to the vet. I'll just stay up through the night with him again and make sure he's as comfortable as possible.

Like I said though, he doesn't act sick during the day. it's LATE at night that he starts throwing up and feeling ill. I can definitely tell when it's happening because I watch him so close.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah pami i think, posted that. I went to the imom site but they say you have to have written proof that your animal will die in 5 days or be put down without help.

VERY nice thing for those people to do, but I don't know if it will help in Wilbur's situation.

tomorrow morning I'm off on a treck to get him fixed. I don't care what it takes, SOMEONE will see him tomorrow.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I don't care what it takes, SOMEONE will see him tomorrow.
When Zoey was sick, the shelter vet's partner clinic (if that makes sense) was open for one hour on Sunday (this was before I knew about the e-vet in a neighbouring town). There was no phone or anything, and I didn't know the rules or anything. However, I packed Zoey up and sat in the parking lot for 10 minutes before the clinic opened. As soon as they unlocked the doors, I was in there with Zoey. They didn't look thrilled to see me (as I wasn't even a client at that clinic), but they could see I was upset and that Zoey was ill (other than her being really thin and unhealthy looking, her back legs weren't working). They took her in right away. Didn't charge me for it either.

I think if you find a place with a good vet tech and caring vets, if they see the an animal that needs help, they might make a deal (within reason, of course).

Good luck tomorrow.

[email protected]

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok from a Canadian (which makes it a bit tricky) I will guarantee your vet bill up to $300. (as a loan - pay me back when you can).although they are a little overdue for their checkup (but although they are indoor cats, they are microchipped so I'm a bit overzealous).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is very generous of you!

I sent your post to him via PM because it will probably be deleted or edited to remove the email address and contact information. But he does have it now in his PM and should get it when he logs back in again.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is very nice of the poster above

I hope Wilbur is ok, and can get the help he needs

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's pretty dang generous of you. I can't believe that!