Prego

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate this. I had the best dream. Prego was at the pool... and she was near me. A small child was there trying to pet her. I told her dont smack her like that, pet her nicely lol. I thought.. Prego is letting this little girl touch her, I am going to try to touch her now. I touched her back and she started purring. I scratched her chin and she rolled over and soaked it all up purring. I was petting her and scritching her and kissing her and it felt so good. I thought in my dream 'oh my god.. I have to run to TCS and tell this good news.'

Blah
This is the second dream I've had of me petting her. Man it was so real. This morning she was sitting at my patio looking in looking so pretty. I wanted to just go pet her. *sigh*

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I believe in dreams coming true. So don't stop dreaming or trying. It may happen some day. You're a good person and good things come to those who deserve it.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you that is such a nice thing to say.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I second that!! Sicy, just keep going - it IS going to happen! You've come so far and accomplished so much. When it's this close that needed patience is so much more difficult, but just hang in there. One of these days we'll be throwing a jumping blob party for you and these days of infinite patience will become only dim memories.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just think back to, or better yet - just read through this whole thread. See? Your dreams with Prego are coming true, little bits at a time.
She will let you pet her, someday...Right now it's just a dream, but it WILL HAPPEN!!

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree...you are sending "vibes" to Prego even when you sleep.

Dreams that seem real are great. (Unless it is a bad dream!)
Maybe Prego is dreaming of you!:sleep3:

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just outside playing with her with the feather. She loves that thing. She rolls over on her back and grabs it and bites it. She even came up to my hand and sniffed it and did a little 'bap! bap!' on my hand with her paw.
That's the most I can get out of her

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
U are making progress with Prego!
It takes time and patience.. Remember how at the beginning, she'd run off if she saw u? Now she stays and will play with u!! Someday, she will let u pet her!!

As u know, I have a feral named Callie who have been living on my porch for the last 2 years and just now she's FINALLY getting close to me- she eats out of my palm!!!! My next goal is to get her to let me pet her... Who knows how long that will take!

Someday Prego will do the same!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's Prego having a snooze

Oops.. sorry didnt mean to wake you

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's snoozing on YOUR chair, by YOUR door, and all she can manage when you disturb her by taking a picture is "Can't a cat get a nap without being interrupted?" Oh, this is good stuff, Sicy. This lady is feeling comfortable. Way to go!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you she is so sweet. And loves to play with me with the feather and roll around on her back. Just wish I could pet her.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prego is getting more comfortable playing with me. Now when I start moving the feather she comes running over and instantly rolls onto her back and plays. I even have her playing right by my feet. Tonite she bapped my hand 3 times with her paw
BUT she did not use nails.. soft paw so I dont really know what that means exactly but it was really cute!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It means she feels comfortable with you and trusts you! No matter how often I reprimand him, Gary still uses his hands to play with Shelly sometimes. They'll bat around at each other, and Shel never uses his nails. I think it's because he knows they're playing and he doesn't want to hurt Gary. He doesn't feel threatened, so no nails.

I'm tellin' ya, just hang in there! One of these days she'll bump ya and there'll be no turning back.

Shelly and Spooky have actually become lap cats. And Spooky used to run if you so much as held a hand out to her. In fact, no matter how much stuff is on Gary's lap, if she's in the mood, she doesn't even ask anymore. Instead of sitting next to him and looking up at him with pleading eyes, she'll just come trotting over and jump up there - no warning! Now we can't get rid of her!
So be careful what you wish for, LOL!