Prego

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrads on the great work with her Sicy. She's coming around slowly but she is. She's lovely.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prego is so beautiful. I sure wish I could adopt her. I have a feeling she will be a real sweetheart, once she finally gets over her fear of people.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by HopeHacker
Prego is so beautiful. I sure wish I could adopt her. I have a feeling she will be a real sweetheart, once she finally gets over her fear of people.
I have that feeling, too, Hope. It strikes me as more than possible that at this point she's disciplining herself very carefully not to go too fast -- this human certainly SEEMS to be the goods, but she's gotta listen to her experience. The day she decides to take the leap of faith will be a Red Letter Day, indeed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its been awhile but not much new to report. I can get closer and closer to her though. She doesnt trip off me really anymore. I've had to move my patio chair and her patio chair closer to the door because of the rain. So her patio chair is on one side of the door and mine is on the other.. just 3 feet away from each other and the entrance to the door is in the middle.

So, yesterday she came while I was sitting in my chair and she just looked at me, and jumped into her chair to sit down. She also walked right under me to get to the corner of the patio and she doesnt even move when I go back into the house after I smoke. Her chair is literally not even a foot away from the door.

This morning as I was in my chair and she was in hers I looked at her and talked to her and winked and blinked. She gave me the slow blink back
We have done this a few times. So basically I can look into her eyes and she blinks at me back.

Last nite I came outside and 4 cats ran
Two tuxedos and another Prego look alike. Prego is the only one that doesnt run

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Sicy that sounds really good that Prego is getting closer and closer . What is awsome is , when you were sitting in the chair for your smoke and after you were done she did not even move when you went back insite .One day Sicy , one day , you will pet her

So now I guess you have more visiters , what a suprise for you . Do you know if all ferals are neuter/spayed now ? Are they part of the old clan or are those cats you have seen new ?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice developments, Sicy -- especially the slow blink -- not offered to just anyone, so you ARE special to her, even if she's not quite ready for the leap of faith.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About half of these visitors are the ones that we trapped and spayed. I think there are still a couple that are not or that are new. They usually stay near the feeder though that we set up next door in the dirt lot but I guess when it rains they come to my house for fresh food lol.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here you can see the chairs and where the door is.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prego is still around.. still havent touched her yet but I'm not surprised lol.

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just went through this entire thread and I have tears in my eyes. The first pictures were beautiful but the last ones show how healthy she has become and she looks so "full" of herself and knows you are taking her pictures. She is a very lucky kitty.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys

I think in the second pic she's sticking her tongue out... lol cutie! She looks like she's getting fatter. I havent really been doing anything except feeding her and providing a chair with a blanket for her to sleep on. I try to play with her when I can too. I left the feather on the patio and she was playing with it by herself earlier for about a half hour lol.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the picture of her from September.. before I started feeding her and before she was spayed.

She looks so different now!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a change!! You know Sicy, that's not all you're doing. It comes naturally to you to treat a cat with respect, but that's not something she's had any reason to expect from a human. I think she's moved as close to you as she has, as much as anything, because she knows you won't ask anything of her that she's not ready to give. And one day, that trust will expand to the point where she will no longer be able to resist the impulse to reach out to a hand offered in kindness.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Fran. I think you're right. Because now when I sit in my chair she will go eat, go to her chair or even walk behind me or past me slowly and not trip off me. (Unless I move suddenly).

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Sicy what a difference . She looks so much healthier now and so happy . When you look and combare the 2 pics with each other you also can see on the fur how much better she is doing with all the good food she is getting . Also she kind of look stressed in the first pic and by the 2nd pic she is very relaxed . Good job girl