Pregnant? Yay or Nay? What say you?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you still massaging his legs, and is it helping? Can you post a picture of his legs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes i am and not really. they move a lot more easily now and and don't really put up much fight but they still won't support him and they still look crooked. i'm thinking we're probably going to have to splint them. i'll try to in the next couple of days but the camera on my phone isn't working and tomorrow is  my daughter's birthday party so it might take a bit.

Last edited:

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today's weights:

10/10

Sküter: 405g (+23g)
Nox: 342g (+18g)
Gyda: 395g (+17g)

Sarthur2 Sarthur2 when should i start splinting? And do you have a recipe for kitten mush for when they start eating? I'm going out of state for a mo th next week and am trying to get everything prepared and ready for my husband so he can hold down the fort for me while I'm gome.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Splint for a few hours a day beginning now.

Mush is just pate style wet food mixed with liquid KMR to make it easy to lap up.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to jump in here real quick, I wanted to add, after splint is on, check the paw after 1/2 hour to feel for coldness, if so, it is too tight, just loosen a bit :)

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
10/12
(gains are over two days)

Sküter: 437g (+32g)
Nox: 380g (+38g)
Gyda: 426g (+31g)

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey when should i start them on mush?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Minimum is 4 weeks. Many kittens are not ready until 5 weeks of age.

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
okay. thank you. 

so i put nox's splints on for the first time today and he was being a huge drama queen about it lol. (just want to preface by saying that i know he wasn't in pain and they weren't too tight.) He'd try to walk around for a bit then he would just stop using them an let them flop and get stuck underneath him and just lie there with a look of utter apathy on his face waiting for his mom or me to come an pick him up and either put him back in the box (he is venturing out!!!) or just hold him in my case lol. when i would just hold him he would lie on his back and look at me with those pitiful kitten eyes as if to say, "look what you've one" an then slowly close his eyes and sigh lol/ he ha them on for about an hour before i took them off and i will put them back on again in a few hours. i might need longer brace pieces though so i'll have to look into that because when i took them off he was just bending his legs at the elbows (i think the wraps slipped own) and trying to walk like that lol. at first though he was walking really well (for a 3 week old kitten) with the braces on. he was practically running (for him lol) an i think he didn't expect to go so fast cause that was when he started to just flop and not try to move his legs lol. the whole walk then flop then lie there process woul last about 10 minutes and then he would start it all over again lol.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good progress! He will just have to get used to them. He needs them, and the more he wears them and walks in them the better. Keep it up for several hours every day.