Pregnant? Yay or Nay? What say you?

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am posting a couple of pictures of my kitty's nipples. Her name is Lurk and she is about 20 months old and she got out on the 18th and was out for about 6 1/2 hours. I have had many cats and a couple of them got pregnant (i was a teenager) but it's been so long that i don't remember what their nipples looked like. I do have enough experience to know that you need to be gentle with their tummies so i gently felt her tummy and i felt some small lumps in there and her belly is firm. I would like some opinions on whether y'all think she's pregnant or not. And before anyone says anything i already have homes lined up for if she is (with family so i trust them) and i plan on getting her spayed when she delivers if she is indeed pregnant. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you will know for sure very soon, as nopples pink up around day 21. Tummies begin to show around week 5.

The chance of her being pregnant is high. If she is, you can spay her when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

Keep us posted! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 i am, as of today, 98% positive that she is in fact pregnant lol. Her top nipples are huge and way more pink than they are normally and her belly is rounding out. Not too noticibly yet but she is a very petite cat so it's more pronounced on her than on most cats i have had. She's actually the smallest cat i've ever owned lol. She only weighs 8 1/2 pounds. My last queen weighed in at 17 i think.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree! She's pregnant! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Take the collar off her before she gives birth. The kittens will climb all over her and can get their tiny paws stuck in it.

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree! She's pregnant! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Take the collar off her before she gives birth. The kittens will climb all over her and can get their tiny paws stuck in it.
Good advice! Thank you! Will definitely remember to do that. None of my other cats had collars (my dad said he wasn't going to spend money on "jewelry" for cats lol) so i didn't even think about that. I'm super excited to see what they look like and how many there are. My husband said he saw her with an orange/orange and white cat that he thinks it was a tom so I'm interested in how that turns out haha. I will keep y'all posted on her progress and condition.

Last edited:

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another update: i am 99.9% positive that she is pregnant(the .1% is just for a margin of error lol). When i pick her up (under her armpits and behind her back lags so i don't hurt her tummy) and feel her belly i can feel a noticable bulgy roundness, and yesterday she had some morning sickness and threw up a little bit. I calculated it and her due date is September 21! I want to keep you updated but i don't know if i should do that in this thread or make a new one..? The updates would consist primarily of pictures of her progress. She's already trying to avoid sleeping on her belly too much and mostly just lies on her back with her back legs at odd angles lol.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use this thread. Yes, cats can get morning sickness early on. It will pass soon. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, i have a question. Lurk will be four weeks along on Monday and is still on her regular adult cat food. So i was wondering: should i start her on kitten food and wet food now or wait another few weeks? I've had pregnant cats before but we just fed them regular cat food cause we didn't know they were supposed to have kitten food.

Last edited:

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright cool. I'm going to the store in a bit so i was wanting to know

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks [emoji]128522[/emoji]

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ivgot her a bag of friskies kitten food and a box of canned food and she is acting like she's queen of the world lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, that's awesome! She's queen of HER world! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is true lol. She's already starting to lie down like a preggo lol. She'll stretch out her back legs till her belly is on the floor then she walks her front legs down till she's lying down lol.

Last edited:

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe! She's precious! Lurk sleeps like that already lol. She's a bit melodramatic at times haha.