Pregnant Foster Kitty no clue when she is due

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten #4 is absolutely fine so there shouldn't be any more updates to this thread from me
Thank you for being there with the kitten. I don't know that there is anything you can do at this point. Keep the kitten warm if you can.

Please do continue to update us on mom and baby #4. We do want to know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Momma is acting confused all the time. She finds small things and put them in her nest and I think she is trying to find the dead kittens. She isn't taking very good care of him but he is huge now and his eyes are fully open. They started to open when he was 6 days old. She has started to bite and rabbit kick him I noticed and doesn't spend much time in her nest anymore with him. I'm making sure she feeds him though just in case.

Something I was thinking about the litter was that he has almost completely clear urine when the others had bright yellow pee. Did that have something to do with them dying?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I would weigh him daily if you can just to make sure he is gaining enough with her not wanting to spend time with him as much. Darker urine could be because they weren't eating enough and were dehydrated. We would love to see a picture!

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, that is perfect! The babies get to have a mom. Are they all nursing? Is mom producing enough milk?

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Precious is still a bit confused by them and not staying with them as much as I'd like to nurse, but she is producing and they have plump bellies. One seems a bit off and we aren't quite sure what is wrong with them but they seem healthy and should be fine.

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I woke up to feed the kittens and the one that was acting strange had passed and the other grey one was acting the same way sadly. After mixing honey with the KMR, it perked up a little but is still not acting normal like the darker sibling. Hoping that nursing+honey KMR can help get this kitten through whatever it is that is wrong with it.

The odd behavior is laying on it's side, having its head back, and mouth wide open. None of Precious's litter did that and I haven't seen any kitten do that in my life. Anyone know what that means? Honey seemed to fix it a little but I'm still uneasy about it.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up to feed the kittens and the one that was acting strange had passed and the other grey one was acting the same way sadly. After mixing honey with the KMR, it perked up a little but is still not acting normal like the darker sibling. Hoping that nursing+honey KMR can help get this kitten through whatever it is that is wrong with it.

The odd behavior is laying on it's side, having its head back, and mouth wide open. None of Precious's litter did that and I haven't seen any kitten do that in my life. Anyone know what that means? Honey seemed to fix it a little but I'm still uneasy about it.
Are you weighing them? Do you know for sure that they are gaining weight? If not, they may need to be supplemented.

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kitten also keeps crawling away. It drags itself up the side of the nest and into the other part of my closet and drags itself away from Precious when she nurses on the floor. It reminds me of when adult cats run off to be alone when they die but I don't expect that from a 3 day old kitten

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm supplementing 2ml of KMR every other hour and they are nursing from Precious as well

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they pooping and peeing normally? Or is Precious stimulating them for that? Do they know what happened to the mom of these kittens?

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what happened to them before I got them. The second grey one died within the hour. I went to go feed them and it was dead and missing a paw

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And precious is constantly licking them to stimulate them to potty. I use a cotton ball twice every now and then to be sure they are relieved and only ever get a couple drops at most.
And there was no bleeding from the stump so it was definitely taken off postmortem

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel like something must be wrong with me. I'm doing everything I can to save these kittens and right when I think they are doing well, they die. The grey kitten was actually looking a lot better. I have no clue what the hell happen

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It has nothing to do with your care. The kittens may have genetic problems. It's sad to lose them, but keep your head up! How is the last one doing?

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Valentine and the adopted kitten are doing fine. They are nursing from Precious right now