Pregnant Foster Kitty no clue when she is due

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been trying as hard as I can. I'm pregnant and my husband is away because of the military, I don't have a car, and I had no clue when the kittens would come because she wasn't showing any solid signs. I even had to find a ride from a complete stranger to get them to the vet to try and help them. I'm checking on them hourly to feed and make sure they are still breathing. I just checked on them and found kitten #2 suffocating under the mother because she didn't care that she was laying on the baby and I think that might have been the actual cause of kitten #6 death.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
How are the kittens doing today? I had a momma with a litter of 8 kittens several months ago and weighing and supplementing are essential if you can get a ride to go get a kitchen scale- or borrow one from a neighbor!

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
White is #2
Black is #4
Grey is #5
None of them are gaining weight no matter how much I feed them and they seem to just be getting worse by the hour. I came in for the hourly check up and #5 looked dead. Was able to give her almost 1ml of kmr and same for #2. #4 is strong and feeding amazingly though.

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put #4 in both pictures for size comparison

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I take him out so the others can feed but they aren't trying anymore. They seem to have just given up

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you feeding them with a syringe or a nipple? Have you tried to use honey to try to perk them up? Are they warm enough? Are you helping them to poop and pee?

They shouldn't just be fading.

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've done all of that. #5 just passed away within the past hour. I just wrapped up her body.

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm giving it all I have but #2 don't look like she is going to be with us any longer. I'm constantly checking on her... #4 will survive

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw so sad to hear no5 passed away it must be so hard for you on your own there trying to do your best with no transport. The link someone posted about saving kittens with bent legs. Thank you for this. That's so sad the kittens could've been saved.

This is just my opinion, but the "humane society" should be doing so much more to help you with this. Maybe they don't have enough foster carers and or resources, but as a carer you should be able to call them 24/7 to get advice on feeding, supplies etc and if you've got no transport while your hubby is away, can't they bring them to you??

Really wishing you all the best and hope the remaining 2 survive xxxxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And if they are a humane society how is putting kittens down when they could've been saved humane?? That is so so sad [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In regards to the kittens that were put down, I talked to the vet about the information from that link and he examined the legs. He thought that they could have been fixed from the pictures I sent but in person, he could see that they were not savable and too distorted. They were also very small so the energy that they needed to heal the legs was too much for them when they also needed so much energy to grow.
In regards to the humane society, they have been there for me 24/7 and always answer any questions I've had since the beginning. They helped me with the feeding and and got me all the supplies I needed. The only thing I've had to buy was the formula because the society was closed when I needed it. I talked to them about a scale but there isn't really a reason for one. The sickly kittens just ate to stay alive. They weren't growing at all no matter how much or how often I feed them. I'm giving more than 1ml to kitten #2 every hour and she is still the same size as when she was born. This is why the vet thinks they were premature/the mother was vaccinated while pregnant. They weren't digesting the milk and turning it into weight like #4 who is huge now

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw... Well that's great to hear they *have supported you. Good. I really hope no2 gets stronger. Sending big hugs to you xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey CassRA,

I just searched for this video.
It's so sweet and lovely. Made me cry when I watched it a few months ago. Hopefully this will give anyone reading this hope that there is always a way to find a positive ending.

Wishing you all the very best for mama and your no 2 and 4 xx

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
#4 is growing amazingly though at least

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I've been meaning to check the other threads on here, or start a new one. Have you ever heard of this stuff called Transfer Factor? It's made by a company called 4 Life - there is a branch in the US where I think you are and we have one in Spain here in Europe. There are distributors who sell it one bottle at a time on Ebay and it's cheaper in the US than it is here.

We adopted a cat from next door who had been bitten, we think by another cat. He had one lot of cheap antibiotics from the vet his previous owners took him to. Didn't help at all. Then we adopted him, gave him some more expensive ones, they worked for 2 weeks then his face swelled up again exactly when the vet said the effect of the injection of it would stop working. So that clearly didn't work. We took him back to the vet (3rd time now) - had the expensive stronger injection anti biotics again (sorry anyone technical, I don't know the name but I will ask  and write it here if it helps anyone) - sure enough after 2 weeks, his poor face swelled up again -

Each time at the vet  this poor kitty had to have his face squeezed and all this puss / blood / infected liquid came out...

Then we took him back for the 4th time, I said I didn't see any point in giving him the expensive antibiotic again as it clearly wasn't working. So we got some amoxycillin. (this was abotu 5 weeks of him being treated for this by now poor boy) And by that time I had started to look around for other alternative treatments. I think it was on this site that I found the suggestions with people posting their experiences. Lots of people in remote parts of the US helping feral cats with hours drive to the nearest vet, and fosterers.

We had started mixing some colloidal silver into his food. With the amoxycillin his face swelled up again and I had to squeeze it every day, we were bathing it with salt water and a cotton wool pad to keep it clean. POOR BOY - it was getting ot the point the vet would've had to have kept him and in opened his face up to see what was causing it. So I ordered the transfer factor - this one : https://www.4life.com/corp/product/transfer-factor-plus-tri-factor/89

as we had read on forums threads the people experienced with using it said the human one was better. And stronger.

He had about 4 days of only the amoxycilling and colloidal silver, as I said I had to keep squeezing his face and the infection was cleary coming back or at least, not getting better.

Once we got the transfer factor, we mixed 3 tablets per day into this lovely Applaws wet food that he adores (before we adopted him he was very hungry and outside too much, so he ALWAYS finishes his food and eats if anything , too much - which is in this case, good for us as easy to mix the antibiotics and other stuff into his food.

We just sprinkled one tablet of transfer factor into his food 3 times every day. Which is the human dose, 3 per day. So obviously a high dose for a cat - we ONLY did this because we had read on forums, lots of other people recommended to do this high does with serious infections, for just a short time.

Anyway, after a few days he looked a lot better, had loads more energy, so we cut it down to 2 per day, and then he had a full clean bill of health when we took him back to the vet after about a week - 5 days on the transfer factor strong dose.

Perhaps some of the moderators can comment on this - all we know is it worked for him, amazingly well - prevented him from having surgery - AND made his coat shinier, he was playing with our kittens a lot more - he was and still is like a renewed cat.

It *is* expensive - but if you do a search for "Transfer Factor" you will be able to read many more success stories. I personally take it myself as we have the human version - it helped my boyfriend when he got shingles, and it helped me a lot with the flu / cold recently too.

I really think if you could give your sweet poor little no 2 some, it might really help boost him up. There were stories I read prior to purchasing and trying it of someone who gave it to a dying kitten and her words "the kitten rallied" - so please consider it as it could save it's life.

Please anyone more experienced with kittens, come on here and advise on what I am saying here - I am just trying to help as TF really helped us and it's heartbreaking seeing this kitten get weaker.

If it *IS* just a sick litter - I am sure TF could help as it massively boosts the immune system of the animal or human, so that the body has the best possible chance to heal itself.

I just did an ebay US search for you, cheapest I could find was this for 2 bottles  http://www.ebay.com/itm/4Life-Trans...A-2-BOTTLES-FREE-SHIPPING-09-18-/191445796983 but fofr me it comes up with shipping to the UK etc so best you look yourself. :-)

Imagine it worked and saved no2's life  - wouldn't you be so grateful?? Would be well worth the money for that. And if you foster, you could have it on hand for others - you get a lot of tablets in the bottle for the price.

Really hope this helps, and if you try it I really hope it works. It won't hurt anyway xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's the embedded video link. Just made me cry watching it again, happy tears though :-) Just figured out how to embed videos xxx

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
#2 is dying. She can't swallow on her own anymore, isn't moving, and is hardly breathing. Sitting with her untilshe goes

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw please don't give up xxx try the glucose sugar thing on her mouth and see if that gives her energy..,

Really hope @talkingpeanut can offer advice or the other person who's been so helpful let me check...

We are praying for no2 for you.., literally... It's super late here in the uk and we are just going to bed now saying a prayer for you and your no2 xxx

please don't give up.., keep massaging her and keep her warm and give your energy to her, call your 24/7 cat humane society people and see what they can do to help... Xxx

cassra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten #4 is absolutely fine so there shouldn't be any more updates to this thread from me