Pregnant Cat

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that the baby didn't make it. Don't feel bad, sometimes a baby is stillborn and there is nothing you can do, even when you try to revive it. It sounds like she did not have trouble pushing the baby out, which is good. Assuming there are more babies, the others will probably go more easily. She may want to rest a bit between babies, which is fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah it’s fully developed but it didn’t make it , the mom is so sad I can tell she is just cuddling with the baby , do you think this will be her only baby ? Or will she have more ? & it’s okay thank you guys for all your help

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do I know if she is going to have more ?

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s sleeping , but she’s breathing really fast

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ninigirl, any more updates? Please keep us posted. I hope all is well.
She hasn’t gave birth to any more kittens yet , but she keeps bringing the dead kitten to the closet and crying over it , idk what to do I feel so bad

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One of the few things that might help, and I don't know if it will but try playing some low volume classical harp music, it's known to relax cats

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I want to hope this is red colored discharges, containing just some blood and mostly its water.
This is common.

Real blood we dont want to see, not more than a few drops perhaps.
With that much, and her beginning to be hissy and aggressive, we may presume her prelabor has started.
Prelabor may be quite long, even over 24 hours - often shorter.
But the full pushing labor is almost always shorter than with human women. Shouldnt be more than 40 minutes.

Has it it calm? no other animals or small kids to disturb her? Such can too cause they become aggressive...

My cats is preganant and I think she’s due to give birth but all last night she was dripping some kind of blood from her vagina, idk what to do I don’t have money for a vet and I tried to call one just to see if they could help over the phone and they couldn’t someone help !

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Stillbore are sometimes possible to revive if they arent damaged or visibly premature.
Massaging and warming up. Trying to get fluids out. Breathing in verrry gently...

If a kitten is attached to placenta and momma doesnt take care pf placenta you wait some minutes till you are sure no more blood is flowing and you cut it off. Not too near the baby. Blunt scissors are good or your own nails.

If momma is ok you can calmly wait on furrher development.

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She still hasn’t had anymore babies , maybe that’s it , but she’s good now , she keeps thinking the other cats are her kids and she keeps grabbing them by the neck I feel so bad , idk how to help her . She’s eating and drinking though

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Later on, if she doenst get more own kittens, you can if you so wish, perhaps let her be a foster momma. As she has maternity feeling fully developed.