TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay I hope so , I hope it’s not a miscarriage

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she will have her kittens soon. At that stage, the uterus will feel hard inside mom, and the kittens usually don't feel as wiggly as they felt before. Some discharge (spotting) is normal. If you see large quantities of blood (puddles), you need to get her to a vet.

Some cats want people close to them when they are having kittens... other cats do not want people close to them at that time, and are more comfortable and make more progress if they are left alone. I've had both kinds of cats. If she is aggressive and hissy, and seems like she wants to be left alone, try giving her some time to herself and just checking on her periodically.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay thank you , and it’s not a lot but she’s spotting a lot , it’s kind of scary

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It may sound a little gross but the fact is the process of any animal giving live birth is pretty messy, and that includes people. Moms will normally want to be left alone for the process since they and their offspring are extremely vulnerable for that period of time and don't want any company. So the inclination is to be cranky and just want to be left alone. When you think of the transformation that has to happen, from being a water living, non breathing thing to an air breathing dry land creature (in most cases) is pretty amazing. All that fluid and blood from the placenta has to go somewhere. Usually it goes into the ground. So anyway, it's a process that is programed into living mammals and usually works the way it should, otherwise there would be a lot less mammals around. Mostly all you need to do is stay out of the way.

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s in labor and she’s crying really loud is this normal

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feel so bad for her

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The baby came out but it’s stuck in the placenta and idk what to do

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The baby came out but I don’t know if it’s alive

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s not breathing what do I do

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it’s dead

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure she is not cleaning the baby herself? If she isn't you must do it yourself without delay as Furballsmom said. I know you are going through a very trying time but do try to keep calm. You are doing your best bear that in mind. It is possible that mom cat will eat the placenta and that is alright if she does.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can't feel a heartbeat, if you're ok with doing it (there are illnesses that are transmittable) give it only three small puffs at a time for just a few minutes, after that it won't help anymore. If you're not ok doing it you could also rub it gently and hold it in your hands to warm it.

Ninigirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was cleaning the baby and I noticed it wasn’t moving I tried giving it for and pushing on his heart but nothing happens but she’s not pushing out any more baby’s