Pregnant cat

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bobtaillover

I took it last night and was able to leave it in there for about 30 to 40 seconds and it was 99.8. She doesn't like it taken, my husnband helps me and he's affraid he's gonna hurt her. Don't know how to get a good one on her.
That's definatly a good sign! Watch for her water to break and for contractions!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure when the discharge started, I went to bed about 6:30 this morning and there wasn't no discharge, got up about 12:30 this afternoon and that's when I noticed it. I've been cleaning down there for her cause she can't reach it with her belly and teats being so big, all her teats have milk in them now. She seems pretty calm and content

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's showing all the signs of being in the first stage of labor- now we just need to wait for her to move into the second stage!

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, Im just now reading this and wanted to say how pretty she is. and when the time comes she more and likely will let out a howling meow that will continue with each birth. one time my cat gave birth right on my bed. I held her paw and rubbed her back while she gave birth to 4 kittens....

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck, Mary! Just think, when it's over you'll have your slim, svelte figure back- and you'll never have to worry about it again!

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no signs of contractions that I've notice. The discharge has become more reddish\\brownish and thinner. I have a couple questions. I've noticed that around her nipples are really dry and kinda sore, is there something I can put on them with it being so close for the kittens to come? Also when people say there will be like a rippeling effect what does that mean?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

. I've noticed that around her nipples are really dry and kinda sore, is there something I can put on them with it being so close for the kittens to come? Also when people say there will be like a rippeling effect what does that mean?
You can always put on some food oil. Preferably olive oil of good quality.
This also on hurting paws, etc.
There may be other recipes too - but olive oil of good quality is always a candidate.

Rippling effect: ripples is these small waves spreading in a circle out, if you throw a pebble in water. Or water drop.
Rippling: something spreading on by itself, like domino offect. Once you begin - it spreads.
I hope this explanation helps you.

Good luck!

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its now 2:05 in the morning and I think her water broke. Still no visiable signs of contractions. Will update again when she has the first kitten.

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's now 5:17am and still no kitten's. Im pretty certain it was her water that broke, she had a sack with yellowish clear fluid in it just hanging out till it finally burst. Still no sign's of contraction's. Im getting pretty sleepy so Im going to go sit with her for a little bit to see if she's gonna do anything and if not then im going to bed. I want to stay up and watch her to make sure everything goes ok. I probably will, there's no telling what I'll do lol. Could use some good vibes for a safe delivery if I decide to go to sleep before she has them. thanks

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no sign's of kitten's and its now 1:09pm. She's kinda grouchy today lol. I guess I would be too. Kitten's were very active last night but today they arent. I googled it and it said that usually that mean's the babies are moving into the birthing position. Its been over 24 hour's since the discharge started and almost 12 hour's since her water broke. Google says it can still take 24 hour's to a week after the water break's, but surely she doesnt have a whole nother week left. I pray she doesnt.

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually had to leave to come to my son's t-ball practice, when I left she still hadn't had a kitten, she was still having contractions though. She ended up going in the other room where she was nesting at, where I didn't want her to have them lol. After she has them and gets them all cleaned up I'm gonna move her to the other room and ill take pics. I'm posting this from my blackberry so if there's any misspelled words that's why

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I actually had to leave to come to my son's t-ball practice, when I left she still hadn't had a kitten, she was still having contractions though. She ended up going in the other room where she was nesting at, where I didn't want her to have them lol. After she has them and gets them all cleaned up I'm gonna move her to the other room and ill take pics. I'm posting this from my blackberry so if there's any misspelled words that's why
Good luck!
Make sure she's not pushing hard for more than an hour- that could indicate a problem. Make sure you have towels down- it can get a bit messy

for a safe an easy birth!
Keep us updated!

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Mary Mary has had 5 kitten's so far, unfortunately the first one born came out dead, I tried rubbing it and swinging it between my leg's but I guess it just wasnt meant to make it. After she had the first one the other's came pretty quickly maybe 10 minutes between each kitten. I think only one of them is bobtail. They're so cute. Im a little worried though cause I dont think her milk has came in all the way, I also think she isnt done cause I felt at least 1 more kitten but it's been about an hour since she delivered the last one. I got some pic's but they dont have momma in them cause she was cleaning up and I had the kitten's laying on some socks with rice in them to keep them warm while momma was cleaning. Hope you enjoy the pic's and I will update if she has more.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! How cute! Is that one with the white blaze on his nose black and white or tabby and white? His blaze is shaped the same as my boy Scrappy's (who is black and white) blaze.

I wouldn't worry about her milk supply. It's not her first litter, so everything should be fine. If they're cold and squally (which means they aren't getting enough to eat) tomorrow, it might be a concern, but I bet they'll be fat and happy by then. Once she's done birthing, she can concentrate on milk-making.

bobtaillover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's black with the white little face with a little speck of black on the tip of its nose (its gonna be the one I keep) and then the belly and feet are white also. Arent they considered tuxedo cat's? Im pretty sure she still has one more in there. I hope they do good through the night, It's kinda drafty in that room so I put a little space heater in there hoping that will keep them warm.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, look at their wee little paws
SO adorable!

And my condolences for the lost one

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Im pretty sure she still has one more in there. I hope they do good through the night, It's kinda drafty in that room so I put a little space heater in there hoping that will keep them warm.
Keeping them warmth is important, good you are doing this.

But observe, TOO much warm isnt no good either, So do not overdo this. If it feels uncomfortable warmth for you, it may be too much for them too, althoug cats body temp is a little higher than humans.

"One left". This is of course a difficulty if you arent very experienced.
a) cats do manage to deliver hours, even days apart. Not very common but it does happens. Son one CAN be there.
b) Very often it only feels so... Much inside is still thicker, some oedema...
Many ex-delivery forumites had so. Days of anxious wait for us all, often rushing to vet and xray - nothing, no kitten, no forgotten afterbirth, healthy mom.

That said, you must of course watch out. Another kitten in its sack is prob no big problem, it will come when its time to arrive comes.
The danger is of course, if there is still some afterbirth (=mother cake).

Did you managed to count these afterbirth? did they come out every one, everything of it?

If you are not sure, you must watch out. Keep an eye on moms body temp too. If it rises - contact vet immediately!

As a rule of thumb: if the mom seems contend, and pleased, you dont need to worry too much, you can wait and see.
Contact and phone a vet if you have one and it feels safer for you, but you dont need to pack in them in a carrier and rush to the vet.

Congrats, and good luck!