Pregnant Cat/newborn Kitten Advice Please

bklyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some kittens take naturally to the bottle, but a lot don't and they have a strong preference for mom. He seems a bit weak, and as he puts on weight and gains strength he should nurse harder. If you're still keeping him with mom, make sure to weigh him a few times right before he nurses from her and right after. If he continually doesn't gain weight with her, you may have to consider separating them. Keeping him with mom is great for companionship and comfort, but it will make getting him to take to the bottle harder. You also will need to monitor his bowel movements, which won't be possible if mom is cleaning up after him. The likelihood of her milk drying up is high to begin with with one kitten, and especially now since he doesn't seem to be stimulating her much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lm1308

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw i hope so im so stressed incase he doesnt get enough ect also he meows whilst being fed like even when hes suckling on his bottle is that normal?

Lm1308

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say to thank you to everyone for all your help and advice but little one didnt make it, yesterday he seemed very tired and alot less interested in food, had his 4 am feed and i noticed his wee was pink so thought maybe he had a UTI then when i went to feed him at 6am he was sadly gone. I feel completely heartbroken and im just soo sad for Milly she is looking for him

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and the little angel tried your best, but it was not to be. May his journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, may Milly and you find comfort that you tried. RIP little one.

Lm1308

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and the little angel tried your best, but it was not to be. May his journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, may Milly and you find comfort that you tried. RIP little one.
Thank you so much for your kind words

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry to hear this. RIP little one. :angel:

I hope mom feels better soon. Please go ahead and set up her spay appointment now.