Post your sleeping beauties!!!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I understand you loss. My Sammy went missing last year. Since then I've moved but people in my old neighborhood are still watching for him. Lucky for me, my vet's assistant lived behind me and she keeps looking for him and knows how to contact me.

I pray for the return of your Stormy.

Last edited:

whatsonemore

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I pray for the return of your Stormy.
Thank you so much, kntrygrl256.   We thought we had found him yesterday after a woman called and said a cat had been there about a month and she texted a picture that looked an awful lot like him.  We raced over to her house only to find that although his face looked a lot like Stormy, his body markings were different.  She had told us he was very lovable (just like our Stormy) and it was true, he was the most lovable cat I've ever been around, besides my own.  He even had a lot of the same mannerisms of Stormy, which kind of weirded me out a little bit, but also made me miss Stormy all the more.  She actually doesn't want the cat and has ignored him and denied feeding him (until recently) in hopes that he'd leave.  The people near her, who are more than likely the shameful owners who couldn't even be bothered to come check, have said their cat has been gone a long time (so they have apparently written him off...??) so we told her that if she still had him in a few days, and nobody claimed him or he didn't leave, we'd take him.  We wanted to wait a few days to make sure we didn't get Stormy back and have to re-acclimate him as well as another new cat with our other 5 cats and I would feel awful knowingly taking someone's cat, or worse yet, getting attached and having it ripped away, but on the other hand, if they don't want to claim him and he's not being treated very well, then as I always say....."What's one more?"  lol   And in this cat's case....it almost seems meant to be....

So sorry to hear about your lost cat too.  The not knowing is just awful.  I'm so glad to hear you have people keeping an eye out for him.  I hope he finds his way back to you somehow, someday.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
whatsonemore whatsonemore - I was thinking of Stormy yesterday and wanted to ask you whether you have found him. And just only, I checked my phone and saw your reply to kntrygrl256.
Is that cat a really look alike to Stormy? Did he come up to you? Maybe it's Stormy? Could he had slimmed down and markings changed a little?
But think you know best. It's darn pretty close to it. Maybe the real Stormy is nearby too. Hope he reappears.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Alicia88,

Seems like your kitty has got his own covers with kitty prints. No wonder he sleep so soundly :lol3: [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My future mother in law found that quilt and thought of me.  So now it's on my bed.  Which the boys have claimed as their bed.  And you will hear no complaints from me.

whatsonemore

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@WhatsOneMore - I was thinking of Stormy yesterday and wanted to ask you whether you have found him. And just only, I checked my phone and saw your reply to kntrygrl256.
Is that cat a really look alike to Stormy? Did he come up to you? Maybe it's Stormy? Could he had slimmed down and markings changed a little?
But think you know best. It's darn pretty close to it. Maybe the real Stormy is nearby too. Hope he reappears.
I wanted it to be him more than anything, and actually started crying tears of joy as we ran to the car to what we thought was to go pick him up.  Unfortunately, this cat had shorter hair, no white on his feet, no orange/rust colored tummy and not the huge fluffy tail that Stormy had.  If Stormy were to come back as another cat, it would have acted very similar to this cat, though, which was pretty unsettling, since his mannerisms seemed specific to just him (just like all my cats have their specific things only they do).  This cat, from the few minutes I was around him, reached out to me while she was holding him, cuddled me like I've never been cuddled, including tons of head butts, paw massaging and trying to get even closer to me than he already was, which was right up against my chest, then neck, then face. 

Of course, all of that affection could have been from someone actually being nice to him, since it was obvious the more this lady talked, his owners and not even her, really, were too caring towards him.  I like to think that my meeting with this cat wasn't just coincidence and I look forward to Friday, when my bf and I have decided that we will go get him if nobody claims him.  In just a small way, it will be like having part of Stormy here and I look forward to that again.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wanted it to be him more than anything, and actually started crying tears of joy as we ran to the car to what we thought was to go pick him up.  Unfortunately, this cat had shorter hair, no white on his feet, no orange/rust colored tummy and not the huge fluffy tail that Stormy had.  If Stormy were to come back as another cat, it would have acted very similar to this cat, though, which was pretty unsettling, since his mannerisms seemed specific to just him (just like all my cats have their specific things only they do).  This cat, from the few minutes I was around him, reached out to me while she was holding him, cuddled me like I've never been cuddled, including tons of head butts, paw massaging and trying to get even closer to me than he already was, which was right up against my chest, then neck, then face. 

Of course, all of that affection could have been from someone actually being nice to him, since it was obvious the more this lady talked, his owners and not even her, really, were too caring towards him.  I like to think that my meeting with this cat wasn't just coincidence and I look forward to Friday, when my bf and I have decided that we will go get him if nobody claims him.  In just a small way, it will be like having part of Stormy here and I look forward to that again.
Sounds like a slightly less affectionate Murphy!  Haha.  Murphy is a spoiled rotten little love bug.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Man! Like I said, it's so darn close. Think this cat is yours. After all the affectionate displays on the 1st meeting, kinda confirm she's a keeper. And who knows, Stormy will follow behind. I'm hoping for that.