Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have many memories of a misspent youth at various stables :lol3: I couldn't do cattle though. They're the one farmyard animal that scares me. Give me a lunatic thoroughbred or a stampeding field of ponies any day :D

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I meant shiney and sleek with his fur. Not looking anything like a horse belly.
   No worries,   I was sure your comment was a compliment.  
     I was just being my usual mean self - teasing my Mouse about his figure.  I am very happy to burrow my face or my hands in to his lovely soft belly when ever he lets me (which is pretty much whenever I want to) so I really shouldn't say such terrible things about him.    @Columbine    I never intended to imply insult your beautiful little pony either!   I am shocked by my insensitivity!  

I think it might be time for me to crawl in to my bed and hope that Mouse is still willing to come join me and snuggle up around my feet.  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
The grey or blue cats are the most beautiful, loving cats ever. I do not have one right  now but my black one, Panthera, ( my avatar) is right in second place. I got him within 2 months of my precious Sascha Blue passing and if I believed in transmigration of souls I would think him to be a reincarnation of my precious Sascha Blue.

Sascha Blue, age ca. 15

Panthera, my avatar, now age 8, with eyes called the color of sea foam, almost blue

both of them were moggies, adopted from shelters, although Sascha Blue had all the earmarks of a Russian Blue, thus the Russian name: Sascha  is the short Russian version of Alexander 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Sissy Joy    What a beaitiful handful of plush fur you have there.  
    She has picture book whisker pads too!  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I love your photograph of Toki @defanged  , it really shows off why gray cats are known as 'blue' - Toki looks like a very pretty little hunter-stalker in your picture.   I hope we are going to see lots more of her here.  

defanged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
appreciate the compliment (as does Toki, of course) - - i've been trying my best to capture her photographically (before I moved out of Manhattan, I worked as a freelance/art photographer), but - as it turns out - cats are not the easiest subjects.

like this one: the composition is adequate, the ratio of positive to negative space is fine, but - exce[t for those amazing eyes - no amount of software fiddling could restore her lovely grey coat color without sacrificing those eyes... aaaarhg

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
like this one: the composition is adequate, the ratio of positive to negative space is fine, but - exce[t for those amazing eyes - no amount of software fiddling could restore her lovely grey coat color without sacrificing those eyes... aaaarhg
It looks fuzzy, grainy here on my monitor. Either she moved or you did or you took it with a low res smartphone cam. It can be difficult to get a clear pic of them though for sure!

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

It looks fuzzy, grainy here on my monitor. Either she moved or you did or you took it with a low res smartphone cam. It can be difficult to get a clear pic of them though for sure!
Looks a little out of focus on my monitor also. I don't have these problems with my camera as it is not attached to a phone or anything else, it's just a $100.00 digital camera from Target, my phone is a flip phone from Target also and my computer sits on my desk with a box, monitor and keyboard running Windows 7 (I tried Windows 10 but did not like it). I do not need to be connected to the rest of the world 24/7 or have noise in my ear either. This will do me just fine for quite a while longer and no, I don't get lost, I know how to read a map book or get directions from Mapquest so I don't need a GPS or any more electronic gadgets in my car. I think people are starting to rely too much on electronics to get them through the day, heaven forbid that a disaster should strike where all those lovely gadgets don't do them any good. Mind you I have nothing against them, I certainly do not want to return to horse and buggy times or even just to BC (before computers), I just think people have gone overboard to rely on technology, some people barely can write anymore, just type.