Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whether your cat is a purebred russian blue or not we do not know because it is impossible to know about his pedegree but it looks pretty much lime one.

So this is a breed?

I do feel very lucky to have been picked by him. Oftentimes people talk about "trapping" stray cats and such. In my case, there was no trapping involved, he ran right into my house!

I do have to wonder if he was a lost pet though, especially since he was already neutered. However he had no collar and no microchip and our calling around and placing an ad drew no replies.
Whether your cat is a purebred RB, that we just wouldn't know because there's no way to know about his pedegree, although he looks like one.

Read this.

http://www.petful.com/cat-breeds/russian-blue-cat-profile/

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. My Tiger fits that description down to a T, including the vivid green eyes and temperament part. Interesting article!

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. My Tiger fits that description down to a T, including the vivid green eyes and temperament part. Interesting article!

In my neck of the woods it is almost out of the question to find a RB cat as a stray cat or feral cause the breed isn't abundant there are just some two or three breeders as far as I know, cats are expensive and most of us only keep them indoors and they don't go out at all.

As your cat was neutered then there's the possibility he belonged to someone and cat could have escaped and got lost, please upload more pictures so we could tell more about your cat, Mouse and Horatio are Purebred RB and mouseservant knowns better than me to identify one. Many people mistake just grey cats with russian blues .

horatiothecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, he does look like a RB, if mixed he would have for sure a lot of RB blood in him.

Last edited:

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wonder where he came from. Most abandoned cats are not spayed/neutered but I suppose anything is possible.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I always wonder where he came from. Most abandoned cats are not spayed/neutered but I suppose anything is possible.
He's a gorgeous boy. I think you must have had a lucky find with him @Crazy4Strays

I found a neutered male doll face Persian right out in the middle of the woods last year. Sadly even expensive, pure bred cats get dumped.

He looks like he's happy in his new home now. 

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We sure do love him a lot!

Wow, a neutered Persian cat in the middle of the woods! Did you end up adopting him or did you pass him to another home?

Of course some Purebred cats that are found in strange places are lost. Like the Siamese cat that escaped in Hawaii while his family was getting on a plane to relocate to Detroit. Eventually a feral caretaker noticed that the friendly neutered Siamese cat didn't look like a typical feral, so he scanned the cat for a microchip. After they found his microchip, a local organization put him on a plane to Detroit where he was reunited with his family.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He's still here with us. He was in quite a bad way when we found him and by the time he had fully recovered we'd grown too attached to him. We called him Forest, because of where he was found.

That's a great story about the Siamese, I bet his family were happy to see him again.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   Poor Tiger, it looks like even the top of his tree isn't safe from invading humans wanting to snuggle his fur.  
   (Mouse isn't either 
 )