Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

He is a true pain cause he will scratch the sofa, drink from glasses and mugs, won't accept treats, but ya it is worth it, he is so cute, beautiful and precious!

ya, think so!!!
I hope that laughter is aimed at the knitting jumpers comments and not to your catman being really handsome!

Kat0121 is right about the lion looks. 
   Kiki's face is like a mini lion with big lovable ears.  And what a fabulous expression he has on that face - definitely king of kings there.  Hehe, loving his throne too.  
    Can't wait to see more photos.

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I hope that laughter is aimed at the knitting jumpers comments and not to your catman being really handsome!

Kat0121 is right about the lion looks. 
   Kiki's face is like a mini lion with big lovable ears.  And what a fabulous expression he has on that face - definitely king of kings there.  Hehe, loving his throne too.  
    Can't wait to see more photos.
Ya, that laughter is aimed at the knitting jumpers comments! Kiki is loving his throne!!! Kiki thinks he is a lion, king and a panther!!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I got home from a day of work yesterday to no Mouse at the door, no Mouse rubbing about my feet as I changed in to comfy clothes and no Mouse looking up at me with pleading eyes (in anticipation of a fish snack) as I passed by the kitchen door.  As I moaned quietly that my kitty no longer loves me one of my lodgers laughed and suggested I come in to the sitting room to see why....  my other lodger, her partner, had wrapped up a couple of Mouse's little boxes in all the packing paper he has been hunting in this past week and created this Mouse nest. 

This was the boxes before being wrapped up:

@MagiksGirl   This was Mouse being a mancat the other day and climbing up to the top of his raised up cat tree - then up on to the now accessible window ledge which is 2 meters above the floor.

Then a little later, just having jumped down from a high book shelf.  He was on an active day. 

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww..Mouse looks so sweet and happy there. It's only fitting for a Mouse to have a nest to curl up in :nod:

He definitely enjoys his mountaineering too :lol3:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Columbine   It was funny because when I raised his cat tree by putting it on to the cupboard I thought he would love it and be right up there but he was actually quite timid of it.  It took quite a few days for him to go up on to the top shelf where he used to spend most of his time!  Could be he was scared of falling off, which would be fair enough as he does fall off things pretty regularly, but it seems to have stretched him a bit with his jumping.  I am happy about this as I feel it gets him more active now he has started going up there, but he has had a few near misses with the jumps up and down, and slips sometimes when launching off the chair arm that is in front of the cat tree.  Of course he always pretends nothing has happened.
    If he used his claws to hold on I'm sure his remining cat lives would be much safer.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow! I really like the idea of wrapping boxes in paper! I'll have to do it on a weekend since my family got box madness from when the kittens were born since they would trip sometimes (the living room doesn't really have doors so I put a LOT of boxes in the entryways so the babies wouldn't get out), they now don't want to see a single box on the floor in the house 

Mouse is quite the adventurer climbing that high! In that 3rd pic I can imagine that little sound effect from when things whiz by, that little whistle like sound? 

In Conan news, he had a fight with the tuxedos on Friday and he was, again, confined to the house. Seems Conan plays very hard for the likes of the Tuxedos, he also hissed at them and always "attacked" tiny Wanda, much to the anger of her momma who defended her. Then brother tried to stop momma&Wanda vs Conan by actually standing in the middle of the fight, the girls did stop but Conan even swatted at his "beloved" brother, which angered him and the girls teamed with brother, all against Conan. He was unharmed since I'm sure the tuxedos only wanted him to put him in his place for him to play nice. My dad had to chase him almost a block to get him back inside after the scuffle. 

He was quite the troublemaker against his siblings, but oh boy! Did he like get into the bed with my mom and dad to sleep. He lounged all around the house and hissed at the tuxedos when I let them in 

He was taken home yesterday evening not before booping-noses-goodbye with his brother and swatting at his sister 

I did take a couple of more pictures of him fighting / biting his tail. I'll try to upload them later 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a very stressful few days @MagiksGirl  . 
     Conan sounds like a little thug!  
   Your boyfriend's place has been teaching him far too many bad habits it seems - or more likely the time apart has sadly broken the previous bonds between all your kitties which is such a shame.  I can just imagine them all swatting and hissing.  

The packing paper has been great!  Mouse has been hunting and hiding in it for the past week - no end of free fun!  
  (Well it would have been free if it hadn't been wrapped round my Prismacolor pencils which cost an arm and a leg... 
  )   We currently have 4 boxes in our little sitting room here but this will all change in the next few days as I've brought a pile of cardboard back from my work and we plan to have a go at making newyork103's Cat Cave .   This could be fun, esp if Mouse decides he wants to help us like Carrot did. 

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love all these photos.  Russian Blues are my favourite of the purebreds.  My best friend got one for free when we were younger.  He was so stunning and cuddly and awesome.  Everyone called him 'puma'.  ha ha   There are absolutely no catteries in my area so I have to admire them from afar.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They were! But I think rather than they teaching  him those habits, they just didn't do anything about them. He was always the thug-gie ever since he was born and the biggest of the litter. The tuxedos wanted to make friends but he was having none of it. I saw them getting close to him, momma even licked him a couple of times the first days and even to the last day Wanda just paraded in front of him not expecting a hiss on her way through to which she replied by running away instead of fighting back 
. I feel really bad for writing like this about Conan since he's a really nice kitty... to humans 
  My mom even said, "it's a good thing we have to keep him inside, he loves humans so much he just lets himself be picked up by anyone, and since he's such a pretty kitty, they might decide to "keep" him"

At least everything's back to normal now, the tuxedos will have run of the household and I, will most likely, continue to visit Conan and get pictures from my boyfriend. Seems he's living up to where his name was inspired from: "Conan the Barbarian (CtB)", if I remember correctly, CtB went to villages and waged wars against countries, much like Conan coming to my Magiks' Country and waging war against the Tuxedo Army. Seems this battle will be jotted down as a defeat. This is actually giving me an idea to write a story based on him and his adventures of war and conquest against poodles and kitty armies 

Good luck on the fort! It seems like a great project! I noticed it didn't say which glue to use, so I would suggest you buy wood glue for extra strength on the joints against rough play 

I also look forward to seeing more of your coloring on the coloring thread! 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Blue meanie!   
    I hope Asha got her own back by getting more cuddles from you. 

Great photo.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

They were! But I think rather than they teaching  him those habits, they just didn't do anything about them. He was always the thug-gie ever since he was born and the biggest of the litter. The tuxedos wanted to make friends but he was having none of it. I saw them getting close to him, momma even licked him a couple of times the first days and even to the last day Wanda just paraded in front of him not expecting a hiss on her way through to which she replied by running away instead of fighting back 
. I feel really bad for writing like this about Conan since he's a really nice kitty... to humans 
  My mom even said, "it's a good thing we have to keep him inside, he loves humans so much he just lets himself be picked up by anyone, and since he's such a pretty kitty, they might decide to "keep" him"

At least everything's back to normal now, the tuxedos will have run of the household and I, will most likely, continue to visit Conan and get pictures from my boyfriend. Seems he's living up to where his name was inspired from: "Conan the Barbarian (CtB)", if I remember correctly, CtB went to villages and waged wars against countries, much like Conan coming to my Magiks' Country and waging war against the Tuxedo Army. Seems this battle will be jotted down as a defeat. This is actually giving me an idea to write a story based on him and his adventures of war and conquest against poodles and kitty armies 

Good luck on the fort! It seems like a great project! I noticed it didn't say which glue to use, so I would suggest you buy wood glue for extra strength on the joints against rough play 

I also look forward to seeing more of your coloring on the coloring thread! 

I was thinking the same about his name earlier on!  
      I'll be looking out for the stories now.  

With the construction project, I think for Mouse it will be his Mousehole or nest,  but for Conan it would definitely be a fortress.  
     I've been wondering about the type of glue, with what might be strong enough and also safe for Mouse.  I also wondered about using glue and adding masking tape for extra hold.   Wood glue is a good idea.  I can probably get that at our local homeware store too which makes it nice and easy to get.  More chance the cave will be constructed before the next Ice Age. 

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I was thinking the same about his name earlier on!  
      I'll be looking out for the stories now.  

With the construction project, I think for Mouse it will be his Mousehole or nest,  but for Conan it would definitely be a fortress.  
     I've been wondering about the type of glue, with what might be strong enough and also safe for Mouse.  I also wondered about using glue and adding masking tape for extra hold.   Wood glue is a good idea.  I can probably get that at our local homeware store too which makes it nice and easy to get.  More chance the cave will be constructed before the next Ice Age. 
I'm really bad at following through projects 
 I always forget to play with the Nerf darts since I can't find the ones I had and I forget to buy new ones. I also have only colored 2 pictures for the thread and that's because I had the reminder of the thread. I hope to finish the stories one day. Maybe doing an audio would be easier for me 

I think wood glue should be enough to hold on and the masking tape may be a bit dangerous if not properly sealed into the structure since there would always be the possibility that Mouse would grab an end and pull a whole piece of it right off and, god forbid, swallow it. If you wanted to make it even stronger, I would suggest you paper mache'd the outside and / or inside after construction. That would, sadly take away the nice patterrn of lines left by the triangles, but would be quite stronger 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

....... If you wanted to make it even stronger, I would suggest you paper mache'd the outside and / or inside after construction. That would, sadly take away the nice patterrn of lines left by the triangles, but would be quite stronger 

Paper mache....   

I just had another idea for a catcave!  
    I need to find a source of old newspapers as never get any my self, but sure my mom does so will have to ask her to save some for me.  

Maybe need to ask her if I can make the mess in her place too given not much room here. 
   (She only moved a month or so ago and her place is super pristine newly decorated and all new carpet - but it is huge!)    If the paper mache cave works I'll post about it for sure.

Last edited:

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Paper mache....   

I just had another idea for a catcave!  
    I need to find a source of old newspapers as never get any my self, but sure my mom does so will have to ask her to save some for me.  

Maybe need to ask her if I can make the mess in her place too given not much room here. 
   (She only moved a month or so ago and her place is super pristine newly decorated and all new carpet - but it is huge!)    If the paper mache cave works I'll post about it for sure.
Have you tried going to a newspaper stand? In Tijuana, if you go to a stand, the person may sell you a bunch of them very cheaply. They are old newspapers that didn't get sold, so they give you a lot for a small amount of money. 

Doing the project in your mom's home may be a great idea. I can imagine Mouse sniffing and getting into everything! 

Update on the Tuxedo Vs Conan:

All is bliss in the Tuxedo nation, they are quite the quiet brood, so they are enjoying the quiet again, entering and leaving the house as they wish 
 . Conan is  back in his forever home playing, well, harassing / fighting poor Dusty (a toy poodle). Everyone's happy.

missycab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Cleto, a.k.a.: Sir Crapsalot, S.C. (short of the former), Halcón Vigía (Tallyhawk from Silverhawks, because of his cry).

He is a grey tabby. His fur is very light grey, and sometimes it can look beigeish. Weird.

View media item 290266

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooooh, he's so fluffy!  
     Hehe, Mouse could share that S.C name.....   one of my friends' little boy calls pussy cats poop cats - little does he know how appropriate that name is!