Positive post.....I hope you'll post

Status
Not open for further replies.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

My happy minute of the day was getting an email that a cat we have at the shelter who came in terrified and anorexic has been adopted
I am always happy when I hear stories like this one. It is heart warming to know that there is one less animal abandoned and starving at least for tonight.

I am also happy today because despite every bad thing that seems to happen eventually things fall into place and life continues on as it should. I have a little chubby white, and grey girl sitting on the chair beside my desk chirping in agreement. If the people at the shelter hadn't been willing to give her a chance she wouldn't be here right now and I certainly would have missed out on having a very special kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Chris, pretend the cats aren't there and you don't give a hoot about them, and DEFINITELY don't look at them. They'll be all over you.
I'm trying, but they won't even be in the same room. However, this morning, I actually saw all of them.... yesterday only 2 showed their faces.

and..... Phoebe let me pet her... once...ok, I got one stroke of her back LOL.

Ruth says it usually takes 2 days....so we'll see. If I have to bribe em, I will.

I miss my kitties.

I am thankful for beautiful weather, and a renewed positive mentality

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

But I'm thankful for a gorgeous day, and I'm thankful for Gary continuing to strive to overcome this amazing medical handicap. His attitude has been amazing lately, and I'm SO GLAD he keeps fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Happy cry*
And you made me happy with that!!

I realized this morning that even though I'm working from home, I get about 3 hours of my life back every day. I lose 1-1/2 hours of commute, lunch at work, and a couple of breaks. I started some simple things that have been driving me crazy for a while. I cleaned the keyboard of this computer - some of the keys were black (and it's a cream color keyboard). Tomorrow I replace about 7 burned out light bulbs and I'm going to start teaching Lola a new trick (put her toys away in the dog toy bin).

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful for beautiful rocks.

I'm sure people who live up here get used to it because they are around it all the time.... But at home, we don't have these really neat rocks that are "crystally" and different colours...... they are neat.

small things eh.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy today because I discovered that there are still some youngster who are well mannered.
I was at the corner store today about the time the kids were walking home for school. As I was waiting to pay for my paper a young boy perhaps 12 came in with whom I assumed was his little sister.
The little girl stepped in front of me in line at what point her brother took her by the arm moved her back and said. " Chelsea don't butt in-front this lady she was here first."
It was really quite sweet.
So I guess there are still plenty of good kids out there even though sometimes it seem otherwise.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy right now because I got my classes for next term. This will be a fun Winter.

Scriptwriting for Television. kind of a stage two. This is in three phases: Fall is an overview of tv scriptwriting, then Winter is sitcom, and Spring is Drama. The teacher is fun and the class is really cruising... I love what I've done in the Fall class so far...

And my second class is .....
Screenwriting. More for movie length works... not TV so much. I think i'll really like doing both. I'm having fun in the TV class and the movie class should be good as well... different teacher... but still I've heard good things.

Amanda

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I am always happy when I hear stories like this one. It is heart warming to know that there is one less animal abandoned and starving at least for tonight.
I know, we have had some really heartwarming adoptions lately, very few special needs (beaviour or medical) left in the shelter. We were just remarking yesterday how all of the new animals coming over seem to have amazing personalities.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I know, we have had some really heartwarming adoptions lately, very few special needs (beaviour or medical) left in the shelter. We were just remarking yesterday how all of the new animals coming over seem to have amazing personalities.
Exactly, it never fails to amaze me what an super personality Pixie has despite all that has happened to her. You would think that after being treated so badly by humans that she would want nothing to do with them. However she is one of the most people oriented cats I have ever seen. You just can't ignore her for any length of time or she is right there chirping at you. It really seems like she is actually talking to you because she will look directly at you, tilt her head to one side and make this chirpy little sound. And if you don't say something to her in way of acknowledgement she will actually reach out and pat you with her paw..It is so endearing and so sweet...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eithne, what great news!

Chris, it IS the little things.

...and today I'm feeling good because I finally took care of donating my hair to locks of love. It's months overdue, and I took care of it - and kids in need will benefit from it.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful that my trucks warning lights (Brakes and ABS) came on when we were 45mins from home vs 4hrs.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, since the doctor last Friday has said to start transitioning over to a cane within the next few weeks (keep the crutches for at least a week and then slowly move over to a cane and soft brace), I have ordered the coolest cane. I was going to go for the adjustable one with kitties all over it... then I figured, it's not really my goofy style, as much as I like it...then I found a cooler one... it is not adjustable, so I had to measure the length. But it is fabric covered, with a layer of laquer over the fabric... and it's skulls and roses... and gorgeous. So many canes out there are geared for older folk... I'm 37... not into paisley and puppies on my cane... even thoug the kitties were cute. I'm just a little more rebellious...

I can't wait to get it... I'm actually looking forward to have this thing... it's awesome.

Amanda

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats awesome Amanda...

I'm thankful for a nice hike that has my legs n' bum hurting....that means I got some good exercise

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful because my Fluffykins has held on this long - for a maiden queen this is really good. The babies can arrive tomorrow or Sunday now

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful my warning lights didn't come on in my truck....it makes me feel a little better bout the drive home.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful for a lot. I can't even begin to describe how appreciative I am of being able to visit my friend before she moves.... I added my gas receipts and needless to say, I'm going to have to be stingy for a while.

BUT, IMO, emotional health is worth the cost....

I'm looking forward to seeing my kitties soon.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful that I was able to take in our worlds natural beauty and truly appreciate it. From the intricate patterns on rocks, to the way waves crash up against the shore, to the wind in my hair, to the meeting of a new person who needed to talk and my ability to let him have that, to seeing natures animals in their natural habitat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.