Positive post.....I hope you'll post

Status
Not open for further replies.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My director asked me the other day if I would mind working a special project for her from now until the end of the year, when I retire. This project would require me to work from home the entire time. So I have 1 more day in the office tomorrow, then I'm gone from the new psycho manager, the drive and that building for the rest of my life.

Can you hear my big sigh of relief all over the world?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Can you hear my big sigh of relief all over the world?
So thats what that was.... I wondered.

WOW....awesome Amy, you must be so happy

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Oh Amy, that is GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now THAT is the way to retire!
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

So thats what that was.... I wondered.

WOW....awesome Amy, you must be so happy
You have no idea what a complete psycho my new "manager" is. She tried to dock me 1/2 days pay yesterday because I worked from home to let in a repairman. She loses control every time she thinks that she is losing control. And she hates me because she can't "control" me.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You have no idea what a complete psycho my new "manager" is. She tried to dock me 1/2 days pay yesterday because I worked from home to let in a repairman. She loses control every time she thinks that she is losing control. And she hates me because she can't "control" me.
Wow.... Sounds like this project could not have come at a better time.

Ya know, I can "hear" the happiness in your text
I am sooooooooooo happy for you Amy..... it is all working out

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently watch a documentary on how little women are valued in certain countries. It is a sad reflection that this kind of discimination still exists in the 21st century. However it does make me very thankful that I was born and live in a country were I am valued because of who I am and I honestly can never remember a time when my gender caused any limitations for me.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful to have gotten 6hrs sleep last night

for 2 nights in a row.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am grateful that the doctor has said my knee is healing nicely, and that I can start slowly moving away from the immobilizer brace and crutches... within two weeks, I should be off the crutches mostly and in a normal brace. Now I just gotta find my old one... he said it would work.

he said it will still hurt the next couple months as I get things back to normal, but it's doing much better.

Amanda

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

i am grateful that the doctor has said my knee is healing nicely, and that I can start slowly moving away from the immobilizer brace and crutches... within two weeks, I should be off the crutches mostly and in a normal brace. Now I just gotta find my old one... he said it would work.

he said it will still hurt the next couple months as I get things back to normal, but it's doing much better.

Amanda

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Amanda

Great news Amanda. I'm glad things are geting better

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a hang over!
I rarely go out to celebrate anymore because of the 'morning afters'.. But last night I was out with a breeder friend of mine celebrating tomorrow's occasion: I'm getting my new furbaby from Germany!
I thought that it's better to celebrate beforehand and on Friday the 13th, sounds so bad combination that it's hopefully going to work vice versa and everything will go according to plans...
I didn't even get any sleep last night, and I'm pretty sure this one is going to be the same, I'm too excited to sleep (it's 1.35am here).

Another positive thing: How much can a cat enjoy playing with a small litter crumb? A lot apparently. Tomu has been 'chasing' it for almost an hour, attacking it once in a while and doing the arched back-all fur standing out-jumbing sideways thing.
Well, that litter crumb needs someone to show who's the tough guy around...
I'm pretty sure that foldie boy is insane.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy because it was such a wonderful day today weather wise. I managed to get out for a nice long walk. I walked over to the seniors center where they were giving out the H1N1 flu vaccines .

So that is taken care of now. Which in itself makes me very thankful that I live in a country with a good health care system so I am pretty much protected against whatever may come my way.

As they say no system is perfect which is true. However, I lucky enough to live somewhere that is about as close as you can get.

Thank you Tommy Douglas (Father of Universal Health Care)

http://www.weyburnreview.com/tommydouglas/welcome.html

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went to see Body World at the Science Centre with our daughter and it was awesome. She then treated us to dinner at Boston Pizza - well she had actually won dinner for her and her family (that's us) so we have a lovely free dinner, starters and drinks for free. Nice day but now I'm pooped.

If any of you get the chance to see Body World do it. It is not gross or icky at all - it is amazing. Even though I knew the bodies were of real people, the way the plasticizing is done they look more like plastic models and need to be seen to be believed.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful I've made it halfway on my trip, uneventful.... was able to find a motel (I am getting up into the great white north LMAO...)...

I am soooooooooo thankful for the support and encouragement from a good friend, and my DH.

I am thankful that at the current time, I am able to go on a trip and get some alone time...... not everyone has that luxury.

I'm thankful that my body is not doing horribly.

I am thankful for feeling HAPPY. Its been a long time.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I'm thankful I've made it halfway on my trip, uneventful.... was able to find a motel (I am getting up into the great white north LMAO...)...

I am soooooooooo thankful for the support and encouragement from a good friend, and my DH.

I am thankful that at the current time, I am able to go on a trip and get some alone time...... not everyone has that luxury.

I'm thankful that my body is not doing horribly.

I am thankful for feeling HAPPY. Its been a long time.
I am thankful you are soooo thankful, and enjoying yourself!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful that I did not run into any critters, no issues with the drive, that my friend was so surprised and overwhelmed, and one of her cats is coming to check me out... They are a little timid.... hopefully in a day or two, I'll be able to get closer to them.

oh drat, spoke too soon...
Hopefully soon we'll be friends

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris, pretend the cats aren't there and you don't give a hoot about them, and DEFINITELY don't look at them. They'll be all over you.

I'm so glad you made it safe! I'm really proud of you for doing this. It was a big challenge for you - and you did it!

It is GORGEOUS here today, and I am SO thankful Gary and I got out to take advantage of it! The RV needs washing in a really bad way, and Gary insists on doing the roof... and he did it. It needs 2-3 more go-rounds, but we got the start. Of course he totally overdid it. But I'm thankful for a gorgeous day, and I'm thankful for Gary continuing to strive to overcome this amazing medical handicap. His attitude has been amazing lately, and I'm SO GLAD he keeps fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Happy cry*

Status
Not open for further replies.