PLZ help, Tigger may die tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got him back from the Vet. He almost fell out of the cage, dragging his hindlegs. This must be due to the anti convulsants he is getting.
He just drank a lot of water. Seems like he didn't do that at the vet.
He looks bad.
His Kidneys are getting better according to the blood tests and potassium is up too. Unfortunately we have no diagnosis.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by andre75

Just got him back from the Vet. He almost fell out of the cage, dragging his hindlegs. This must be due to the anti convulsants he is getting.
He just drank a lot of water. Seems like he didn't do that at the vet.
He looks bad.
His Kidneys are getting better according to the blood tests and potassium is up too. Unfortunately we have no diagnosis.
He seems very weak, from the way you type. I hope he does ok.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not from the sounds he just gave off and from the spasm he has.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I ment worse. I think this may be our last or second last night together. He seems to be in pain or at least have some sort of problem. He constantly meows heartbrakingly. I think he is about to give up. Don't know. I am praying for a miracle.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Called the Doc at his home. He said its anxiety. He wasn't like that in the office and its a good sign that he eats. He is also obsessively licking himself and falling while doing so (almost looks like his seizures). Doc said the anti-convulsants are probably making him so weak that he falls and his anxiety is to blame for his restlessnes. He should settle down later tonight. Hope thats true, the Doc is a great guy. If he can't help, noone can.

EDIT: Two bad seizures just now. Biting his shaved belly while having them.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry to hear Tigger is not any better. If this is your last or second to last night then I hope that Tigger spends it comfortably, and that the two of you can spend some quality time. My thoughts will be with you for a special evening together

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kitty. He is heaving a lot of seizures now. The Doc is still trying to give me hope, but I am not sure what to do. Should I consider putting him to sleep? It is so hard to get a definetive answer from the Doc as he always tries to say there are these and that tests and this and those but I don't see anything come out of this. I see Tigger suffer a lot.
He just had the most violent Seizure ever. It felt as if it would never stop. I think he hurt himself.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seizures keep getting more violent and more frequent (between 5-10 min).
I am becoming terrified. Waiting for my wife to get home and spend some more time with him.

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can only say that if it were my cat and she were suffering I would want it to stop. I have made the decision on young cats before and it is very tough, but vets are trained to save lives and not end them, so they want to keep trying.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi
I have also sent a private message but just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you tonight.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kitty. He was still fine on Friday. Now just over the weekend and he is this bad. I will try to make this night as comfy as I can for him. I dimmed the lights, play some classic music and talk to him.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Kitty. He was still fine on Friday. Now just over the weekend and he is this bad. I will try to make this night as comfy as I can for him. I dimmed the lights, play some classic music and talk to him.
Sweet dreams Tigger may you have good dreams. I hope you get better. I will say a prayer.

lucinda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for Tiger. I do hope he gets better, but as others have said, if there is pain involved, than I would send him to the bridge where he can be happy and free of all this terribleness.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not fair. He is only 5 years old. Too young to go. Haven't seen a seizure in an hour or so.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not fair. He is only 5 years old. Too young to go. Haven't seen a seizure in an hour or so.
Maybe that is a really good sign. I have fingers and paws crossed.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Maybe that is a really good sign. I have fingers and paws crossed.
Thanks Momo. Maybe it really is. We will have to see how this night goes by. He is very unsettled and very weak.

andre75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Maybe a warm rice sock would help
whats that? never heard of it before

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

whats that? never heard of it before
A sock filled with rice and put in the mic for a few sec to heat up then placed under there blanket. I heps with babies and moms who are nervous or just need some love. I here it stays warm for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.