Please share your quirky cat stories !!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
When Charlie was a kitten, one of his favorite hideouts was under a dresser that was only about five inches off the ground. As a six-month-old kitten, Charlie was very leggy, making him appear bigger than he was, so I was amazed at how easily he could maneuver himself under there... walking with his legs bent like a tiger on the prowl.

As Charlie grew, he showed no more interest in going under the dresser. I assumed he was too big. Until, one day (when Charlie was about 3), something startled him (I think it might have been a clap of thunder), and, much to my surprise, he darted under the dresser. I was shocked at how he could fit under there, and when I looked, Charlie was lying on his belly, front legs flat in front of him, using his back toes to propel himself with surprising speed, sliding across the wood floor. I still wish I had taken a video... I'm not doing justice to the hilariousness of this situation by my description. :flail:

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
William, our first cat used to lie in wait for the birds on the bird table in the front garden. This was in the early 1960s and we decided that a good way to protect the birds was to bell William with a loud bell around his neck; William, a Siamese, had never been belled before. We belled him the next morning.

We had to go out that next day and, when we returned, we found the severed head of a Robin Redbreast awaiting us on the door mat as a message to us from William.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More to come as I investigate my strange cat...:think:[/QUOTE]

These are indeed quirky cat behaviors! I love this sweet cat! I wish I could know what cats are thinking to do these zany things. I think you are onto something about the sneezes. It's almost like she has empowered herself to put more emphasis in communicating with you by sneezing. I think it is really intelligent on her part. Please let us know how this develops. I am fascinated by cat communication. :hellocat:

My Speedy will sit quietly with her paw raised until I see her and pay attention!:catrub: