Please.... I need vibes for Chynna

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The tech I spoke to said he was quite impressed with the amount of food that she ate.
that's 'cause she was hungry - hasn't been eating due to the pain.
glad to hear she's doing so well & that you'll get her back today!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad that she's recovering so well, and eating! I bet you're now counting the hours till you can bring her home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Poor Abby won't be impressed, I bet!
Abby didn't even miss Chynna. No roaming around looking. No calling. No moping. Nadda!

I have 2 cats that get along relatively well just co-existing with one another. But each would prefer being an only kitty!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's home!

I opened the carrier and she ran out and made a bee line for her food dish. I gave her 2 well rounded tablespoons of the recovery food and she snarfed down about 1/2 of it. I guess it will take some time for her to get used to not having all of those teeth to help keep her food in the right place. She ate about 1/2 of it.

She took a drink, used the litter and found her way into the pots cupboard for a good snooze!

They sent me home with syringes for antibiotics and medication. I have to give both twice a day for 4 days. She needs to go back in 10 to 14 days for a follow up. But they said the end of the month would be good too

She has dissolving sutures, and a little bandage on her front leg which I can take off. But she's napping right now so I won't worry about doing that right now.

I'm just so happy that my baby girl is home!

Abby isn't all that impressed though!
She's laying on the rug glaring at me!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to laugh....Cow's tongue would stick out funny all the time when his teeth first came out, it's like he had no clue how to keep it in!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Chynna out of the pots cupboard so I could give her her pain medication and antibiotic. I did my first kitty injection without a problem!

She used the litter, had a drink and I found her sitting in the hallway outside the bedroom just looking straight ahead. Poor thing is stoned!

I picked her up and gave her some gentle cuddles, being careful to not touch her face. Then she sat on the desk while I brushed her a little bit. My poor baby's face is so swollen, and she looks totally out of it from the pain medication. She's currently on her way to dreamland on my desk with her little head resting on the phone.

I'll wait about an hour and bring her a bit of food and see if she will eat it.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and was in tears reading about your health and financial problems while trying to care for Chynna. I'm glad you found your way through it.

I have health problems and of course financial problems because of it, and have often had to rely on my daughter to help pay my vet bills.

Sending you lots of sympathy and good luck for Chynna.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay for Chynna!!! I'm so pleased she's home and doing well, sounds like she came through it with flying colours! It's great she's eating well again

Tell Abby to be nicer to her sister!

to you as well