Please.... I need vibes for Chynna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks
She's doing just peachy now. She's back to eating, but I made the mistake of offering her too many choices that she has become finicky and won't eat until she is thoroughly sure that there isn't something else coming along

I'm pushing food on her left, right and centre. I take her a plate of food and give it to her when she's in bed or on the couch or on my desk. And I add a couple tablespoons of water to make it more moist, plus to ensure that she is getting adequate hydration. She does drink, but it never hurts to give a little extra to make sure she stays hydrated.

If she doesn't have the full serving in one sitting, I give it to her a bit later with more water mixed into it, and she eventually gets a whole tuna-size can of cat food in a day...even if it takes all day to get it into her! I've found that she likes the small cans of Fancy Feast pate, or one called "Priority" which is the Safeway brand the best. But I'm hoping she will eat more of the Friskies because it's so much cheaper than the small cans of Fancy Feast. I can get 4 meals out of 2 cans of Friskies, but only 2 meals out of 2 cans of Fancy Feast, and the price is the same!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's cat is a Fancy Feast eater--she's also about 15.5, and she gets whatever she demands, foodwise. I find myself always watching for sales--the Petcos in my area have them on sale right now, as do the Targets. Also, you might look for the cases as they can some times be a better deal. Or you could try mixing the foods together. If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have the 5.5 ounce cans for about 60-70 cents, and their food is strong smelling so many cats find it appealing.