PLEASE HELP!!!!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... Sleepy, content baby! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Every one gets to wear the hat.
Princess wore it as a kitten, so did Simba (rip), and now it's Anubis' turn [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

P.s. That hat is actually a bottle opener LOL

Last edited:

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Love the pictures !!!!! Please continue to keep us all updated. He is looking so much better than he was !!!! 

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Im more than happy to post more pictures of him! :) But sometimes I feel like I'll get annoying and I don't want to spam your subscriptions. ._.

Last edited:

hteft

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He has grown so much in a week! I love seeing his pics, he is a handsome boy  
Never annoying at all. I just posted pics of my new babies in fact., and there are 6 of them. 

The other day, I saw you post about Anubus getting up in the middle of the night and wanting you to get up. That is a kitten thing. Here's an idea for you, play with him, make him run around and wear out about an hour or so before your bedtime. Worked wonders with mine! I have a great toy called "da bird" it is a feather toy that is on a wand and it mimics a bird flying. Mine have a blast chasing it around - and it wears them out! Another great toy is the laser pointer. They never tire of that one either. 

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Im more than happy to post more pictures of him!
But sometimes I feel like I'll get annoying and I don't want to spam your subscriptions. ._.
I'm still loving seeing updated pics of your boy.  Especially those that show his eyes looking so bright and alert.  So keep those pictures coming...

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
He has grown so much in a week! I love seeing his pics, he is a handsome boy  :) Never annoying at all. I just posted pics of my new babies in fact., and there are 6 of them. 

The other day, I saw you post about Anubus getting up in the middle of the night and wanting you to get up. That is a kitten thing. Here's an idea for you, play with him, make him run around and wear out about an hour or so before your bedtime. Worked wonders with mine! I have a great toy called "da bird" it is a feather toy that is on a wand and it mimics a bird flying. Mine have a blast chasing it around - and it wears them out! Another great toy is the laser pointer. They never tire of that one either. 
He doesn't play :( I thought him sticking his paws under the door was his way of playing but I realized it was just him trying to escape :/

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Anubis is still having little accidents. He's still very unpredictable when he pees even though he has his box. Yesterday he peed on the carpet, the day before I let him explore on my bed. He found a new spot to sleep. When I was going to bed I noticed two wet spots. Urine. I don't know when it happened. And this morning he was sitting on his little bed. I thought he was just looking around. I got up to give him his medicine. Then the smell came to me. He had peed on his bed! And then he laid on it like if he just didn't care. Sometimes he does poop/pee and other times he just jumps out of his box. I praise him everytime he does his business in his box even though he doesn't cover it. With my other cat she learned to use her box pretty quick, & I'm training Anubis the same way. Does it take some time for them to start going on their own? It's only been 4 days since I started teaching him where to do his business. I already cleaned the carpet and we have a vacuum that also has its own tools For washing.
If this persists chances are my parents will not want him inside the house when he's older, & I don't want him to be an outdoor cat because I'm paranoid something will happen to him. He doesn't go in his box alone unless I catch him sniffing around and I place him in front of it, but other times as I say, he's unpredictable.

Last edited:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though Anubis has come a long way, he is still a sick kitty. Do you have a smaller place you can confine him when you are sleeping or not with him to supervise? He feels more secure with his scent around him which is why I assume he lays in his bed after he's peed in it. I've seen cats lay in their litter boxes when they are sick and also when they are stressed. I think that his litter habits will improve along with his health. There are some great articles and threads on TCS that can help you evaluate what might be going on with Anubis and his inappropriate elimination. You could contact his vet and see what they think, if it could be related to his health. (Hugs)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a Feliway plugin for your room? This could help him stay relaxed and would help with avoiding marking behaviors if that is why he is urinating everywhere. More likely, it is because he is young and still recovering from his illness. Stay with the training and put him in the box regularly. I am sure that he will soon get the hang of it.

hteft

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He will play once he feels even better. You can buy cat litter that attracts kittens to the litter box. I think it is called Cat Attract.

Kittens in training do have accidents. When you blot up the urine from an accident take the paper towel with the urine and bury it into his kitty litter box. That helps him learn where he needs to go to the bathroom.

It also helps to remind him by putting him into his potty several times a day.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
That makes a lot of sense actually.. Would catnip also help attract him or is he still little for that?

Also, Anubis has already taken his final dose of antibiotic. Today was his last day. However, there is still a little bit left in the bottle and I was wondering if it'd be ok to still give him the medicine until it finishes so it won't go to waste.

hteft

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Catnip can attract them to the litter box yes. But not every cat is attracted to catnip. Does he like it?