PLEASE HELP!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
His breathing is much better compared to when he got here. He no longer sounds like he's "snoring" and he no longer breathes through his mouth. He also doesn't drool like he did before.

And I've got some great news! Before when I tried to offer Anubis food by placing it on his mouth he would not be interested. He would keep his mouth closed and not even lick. Just now I gave him viralys (it's a gel that smells like pancake syrup). There was a little bit left on the tip of the srynge so I let it touch his mouth. And guess what? he started licking! He didn't lick the srynge, but he more like smacked his lips!!!

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There is no garlic in baby meat. Only meat, water and salt
If you are going to use  Baby food stick with Stage 1 Gerber.  Baby food for older infants do have spices.

Licking his paw and yawning are good signs!  How is he doing otherwise?

tissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

If you are going to use  Baby food stick with Stage 1 Gerber.  Baby food for older infants do have spices.

Licking his paw and yawning are good signs!  How is he doing otherwise?
not trying to argue, but i have the jar in front of me right now. One is 2nd stage food (babis 4 months) and another for babies 6 months. Both have meat, water, and cornstarch listed as ingredients. Nothing else. 

But yes, dear author, do check for spices when you buy it. Tuna can be good if nothing else works, but don't forget that tuna has a LOT of mercury which is not good for cats OR humans, so don't make it a habit to give it to your baby too often. At his point the most important is to get him to eat, so do whatever works, but in a future when he gets better, lay off of feeding tuna on a regular basis 

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Guess who did a good job eating his breakfast without getting messy?!!!! [emoji]127881[/emoji]

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
He is definitely starting to lick. Maybe when it's time for his nutrical, I'll put it near his lip to see if he will lick it off my finger :D

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know how I can or if I can upload a video on here? I would like to share the moment Anubis was cleaning himself for the first time last night with you all.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Excellent update!

See what I mean?! After the 5th dose of antibiotics is when it really hits them and shows improvements, which was last night, so I said expect signs of him getting better this morning, right on time :)

Cleaning his face is HUGE, do you realize that? He is officially on the mend now. Baby steps, but every day you will see just a little bit more than the day before, soon he will eat on his own again, potty in his box, but we need to see his eyes open all the time when he is awake.

I do not agree with every 4 hours, 3 times a day is standard, if the print on the box said every 4 hours, but the label printed and attached by the vet says every 8 hours, go with that one. This means the amt appropriate for this kitten.

Great job!!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I got Anubis to lick nutrical off my finger!!! It took a couple tries but he managed to lick it.. :D

Kat0121 Kat0121 here's a recent picture. After giving him nutrical which I finally got him to lick. He has a very sticky mouth! Which of course I'm going to wipe off! I'm so proud of him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie!!!  
     I'm so happy that he's progressing so well. He's very lucky to have you!! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The baby food that is in the picture I posted has no spices in it whatsoever. That is what you buy.

The eye drops are for three times a day, every 8 hours, like the vet said.

I agree with Catwoman that getting his eyes well is paramount now!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to call my vet. It's starting to concern me. His eye seems swollen and I just googled it and I read stuff that scared me. I'm not sure why the antibiotic isn't working. I don't understand. My other cat's eyes healed pretty quick when she has irritated eyes & also administered antibiotic eye drops.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It never hurts to call the vet and acting sooner rather than later can save money and care in the long run.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please re-read the post where I explained why it is so important that his eyes are not stuck shut.

If there is swelling, they are stuck shut, it means the infectious fluid is backing up around and behind his eye in the socket, and WILL cause severe damage and a ton of pain.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Anubis said he doesn't need a syringe because he will be a strong independent kitten who won't need no more help when he fully recovers.

Yes, what you're seeing is real. Anubis is eating from a plate. He smelled it and started eating... Can I cry?

Last edited: