Please help me :)

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is sharing her babies with you and you with her babies.  It's very sweet.   Don't be surprised if she brings them to you to babysit when they are a little older and she wants some away time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Here is the video. I thought I posted it, but apparently not lol

Too cute :)

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I just love her :)

I tried posting the video. It needs approval, so if two pop up I'm sorry I didn't read the notice the first time lol

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

So I just got home from work and went to sit down with misty and give her some lovings. When I sat down in the closet with her she started picking up the kittens and putting them in my lap and then she came and sat in my lap as well. Is this normal? Should I be worried? She moved them back after a little bit, and went to feeding them. Is she just wanting more attention and didn't want to leave the babies? She has been roaming the house when the kittens are asleep. I have just never heard of this before. I am not sure to worry or think its cute lol
Misty is showing that she loves you. She is doing that by showing and giving her babies for you to love also. I think that is a very special and unique behavior. Misty is one unbelievable kitty. She trusts you with her most precious thing she has--her babies. How much better can that be?  

I have never heard of a cat having that strong a bond with a human. WOW...Unbelievable....

((hugs))

I just love the video!! I put the volume all the way up...loved the little squeals!!! 

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me and her have been a lot closer since she has had the kittens. She isn't minding anyone looking at the kittens, but she will only let me touch them. (Only my husband has tried, but she was not having it). I definitely feel as if me and her have something special.

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So update on kittens.

We have one little guy who loves to try to escape, then he gets a wee bit from mom and cries for help to get back. I can already tell he is going to be a very curious and getting into everything kind of kitten. I can just feel it! His first weight was 120 g he is now 148g, the largest in the group. For my sake I am calling this the black kitty as I have color coded their tails lol. He loves to sit on top of his siblings heads while they are eating. :p

Kitten number two will be our blue kitten and this one is a goof ball in my opinion. He (or she) likes to snuggle under momma's chin and then when everyone else starts feeding he comes up and tries to push them off so he can steal the teat even though there are 2 more haha. If he is just sleeping alone with his litter while momma roams the house he will snuggle under the rest. I think he is going to be a big cuddler :) Even when I hold him to weigh him he just wants to snuggle. His first weight was 120g and is now 145g

Our purple kitten is the tough guy. Loves to hiss at everything and omg is it a cute hiss. Mom moves baby hisses, sibling crawls on him he hisses. He is definitely king/queen of the castle. But he definitely loves his daddy. Only thing I haven't seen him hiss at. His first weight was 121g and is now 145g.

The fourth kitten is the lazy one. Our yellow kitten. It waits for mom to do everything for it. (I have seen him do things on his own so I am not too worried that he may be slacking) just a lazy baby :p If he rolls over he cries till mom comes to help. This doesn't help that his favorite place to sleep is actually on mom's back! So cute, of course he falls off seconds after getting up there lol. His first weight was 123g and is now 145g.

All in all we have no runts, all gaining weight steadily and almost at the same time. I thought I would share some of the personalities that I am seeing so far (or guessing at) since so many of you have found some joy in these little guys :)

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)
What a cute update! You are doing a great job with your little cat family and I bet they will be gorgeous like mama and daddy!

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want too but I will be lucky if the hubby lets me keep one :(

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They shouldn't be rehomed until they are 10 - 12 weeks old.  He may change his mind.  the cuteness could win him over.  LOL

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope so lol :) I atleast wanna keep one. :p

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Kattykat1,  

How are things going? It has been over a week since we had an update. Is everything ok? How are the babies doing? Have you named them yet? 

Are there any new pictures? I seem to be needing a baby kitten fix right about now!! 

Hope things are working out.....

((hugs))

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the lack of update. Started a new job so things have been hectic! They all look super healthy :) getting big and fluffy. No names yet but personalities are definitely showing and shining. We have one who is not gaining as much weight right now but he was gaining like 20g a day so I'm not to concerned. Mom is leaving them more and more but she is still super attentive. But here is a picture for your kitten fix :) their eyes Started to open yesterday :) but they are squirmy so hard to get a pic lol

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i think mama was putting them in your lap so you would fall in love with them and want to keep 1 or 2....cats are smart!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
oooohhhhhh!!! awwwwww!!

Thank you!! I needed this..

Good luck with your new job! The babies came at the right time! 

Dad is so good! I never heard of the dad being so concerned..wow--you have raised very special cats. ((hugs))