Please help me :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are very healthy :).

Use the different colored Sharpies to mark the tips of their tails. That is the easiest place to mark.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will do that and continue with updates :) misty seems to know what she is doing, but I'm still lost lol. I only know what I have read through the years about kittens. All night she kept waking me up to sit with her when she would start a feeding. I'm so tired today but so worth it :)

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When is the best time to get the kittens fixed? I want to bring them all in for shots and neuter/spays including mom as soon as they are all able. I don't want these little guys going to a home not knowing if they are fixed or not and I think if I bring the kittens mom won't be so stressed in the car as she usually is.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will do that and continue with updates
misty seems to know what she is doing, but I'm still lost lol. I only know what I have read through the years about kittens. All night she kept waking me up to sit with her when she would start a feeding. I'm so tired today but so worth it
  Maybe you should just sleep in the closet with her.  

I suspect in a week or two she may move them closer to your bed or under it.
When is the best time to get the kittens fixed? I want to bring them all in for shots and neuter/spays including mom as soon as they are all able. I don't want these little guys going to a home not knowing if they are fixed or not and I think if I bring the kittens mom won't be so stressed in the car as she usually is.
The kittens can be fixed as early as 8 weeks or 2 lbs.  Many rescues and shelters will fix this early, but your vet may want to wait until the kittens are older.  Mom can be fixed when the kittens are 8 weeks. but again some vets insist she finish nursing first and the milk ducts are empty.  She can still nurse after getting spayed.   Shots are also given at 8 weeks.

ASPCA's offer low cost spay/neuter.  So do some rescues.  @sarthur2   fixed her mother and kittens over the span of a few weeks and took two in at a time.

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope she doesn't move them under the bed I would never be able to get to her haha. And right now my bed is 3 feet from the closet door. Lol. I did end up taking a small nap in the closet last night because every time I would get up she went to follow me.

And thank you for the info. I'm going to start saving now so I can get them all fixed for their new homes in a couple months :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Dads body was practically white and face was light gray when he was little. He started getting darker as he grew up but before he was fully grown. Both mom and him have blue eyes.
Aha, so he is not only a point, but also, prob a mix of burmanese and siamese point gene.   Such mixed do darken up early, and their eyes arent very good blue, sometimes not even blue.

But you write now both mom and dad has blue eyes??  I didnt saw it on the photos, till now I though they were non blue...

If so, she too is prob a point, even if she by some reason dont carry the typical point colorations, of darker tail, ears, and face masque...

Anyways, this explains why all kittens are whitish - all are probably coming points.

A combination of pointed daddy, and not pointed mommy but who is a carrier, would typically give two each, tow points and two non pointed carriers.

With both pointed parents, everyone should be point.

Here they will prob be, two points of the siamese type, and two points of the  siamese-burmanese mix type - quickly darkening up.

Dads white spot gene is dominant, so at least two will carry big white spots too...

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ill take pics of the dad and mom closer if you want :) So far we have two kittens who are a whiter color and two of a darker white/light grey color. 

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should I be checking the kittens weight daily or weekly? And for either one how much should they be gaining? I'm measuring in grams.

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay. I've been weighing them in front of her. Do you know how much they should gain in a day or is it just as long as it's more it's good lol

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Kattykat1!!!

When you get a chance, how are the little ones today? Thinking about them a lot. 

You are a great mom to them all...and to Misty. I cannot believe how Misty has bonded to you! 

She is a special cat. She trusts you completely. 

((hugs))

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all great :) chunking up really good too :) we have one who is a wiggly worm and likes to venture off, but mom makes sure he stays in the group :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWwwww!!

thank you.. I needed my daily dose of cute kittens.....

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWwwww!!

thank you.. I needed my daily dose of cute kittens.....:heart3:
I have a cute video of them but I can't figure out how to post it :(

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just got home from work and went to sit down with misty and give her some lovings. When I sat down in the closet with her she started picking up the kittens and putting them in my lap and then she came and sat in my lap as well. Is this normal? Should I be worried? She moved them back after a little bit, and went to feeding them. Is she just wanting more attention and didn't want to leave the babies? She has been roaming the house when the kittens are asleep. I have just never heard of this before. I am not sure to worry or think its cute lol

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she loves and trusts you! I think she knows you help her and will care for her babies! IMHO you should feel very special :)

No worries... Very cute! :hugs: