Purraise
I'm glad Pipsqueak and Perkins are doing better
I'm glad Perla is healed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perkins chin was just perfect this morning !!!!!! So whatever I changed has worked. I will still keep up with the ointment once a day for Perkins. But Perla doesn't need it. It might have been the bacteria in the fountain.
I guess I never cleaned it as well as I thought
. I did take them off EVO and put them on Felidae grain free Pure Elements ( a dry food that I offer as a treat). And cut down on all of the different brands of wet food I was using too. The wet foods they eat now are EVO, Core, BFF, BG and Instinct.

Pipsqueak's chin is better too.
Still some deep hard lumps, but it is not as swollen and some of the older pustule lumps are way down. There seems to be a new one starting but definitely there has been an improvement.
He also slept in the bed again and was up and cheerful this morning after his pills of course
. Also, his urine clump size are WAY up and I hardly see him going in the litter box anymore. So the Elavil is helping to quiet his bladder down. I have a HUGE smile on my face this morning

Thanks so much my friends
for being here for me. I will update here again in a few days and am optimistic the news will be up

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad things are looking up! (I'm sorry I haven't posted in this thread before now....I'm not always available to read it, and it got so long so quickly that I have to admit I still haven't read the entire thread, but catch it hit and miss...someddays things are sounding good, then all of a sudden they aren't and I don't have time to read back to figure out exactly what happened. BUT, this day it certainly sounds like VERY GOOD THINGS are happening!!)

that this trend continues

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wanted to ask this morning if he slept in the bed, but we were running late so I had to get going.

But

Aw, Lauren, it's just all great news!!!!!!

you're on the home stretch here!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't beat a huge smile on a Meowmy's face

Hope things continue to improve, Lauren!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meowmy's face is still BEAMING
Pip's chin is looking better, about 50% better than one week ago. Gosh, I am wondering if he will have some scarring
It is not normal yet, but he has some real red marks from the sores. Still some small hard lumps but it is on the mend. The odd thing, though, is the lymph nodes. They are not coming down
...... Will just wait this out with those nodes. Doc says that if after the six weeks of treatment for the infection, if the chin is back to normal and the nodes are still swollen, we will have to aspirate the nodes at that time. I won't get ahead of myself and just assume they will go down once that chin is totally healed up.

This morning, after I applied the chin ointment.... I caught Pipsqueak using his paw to rub off all of the ointment. He has become very good at lifting his head and rubbing his paw under his chin to make sure he has completely removed all of the ointment
, the little stinker
. Then, I see Perla walk up to Pip
and she starts licking his chin in an effort to help him remove the ointment too.
Perla is obviously at
Pip's beck and call.
I guess I will soon give up on applying the ointment and hope for the best....

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for Pip! I can imagine how huge the grin on your face must be, Lauren!

I'm no vet (and I don't pretend to be) but I would assume the lymph nodes are going to be swollen as long as there's infection. Try not to worry about them too much, and celebrate the fact that the Pipster's chin is healing. Yea!!!
As for the ointment, I'd keep right on using it; Pip and the lovely Perla can't get it ALL off.

Head skritches for everyone!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Clever little guy, isn't he? Apparently the drama King & Queen are co-conspirators as well!

But I'm so glad to hear his chin doing so much better!

As to the lymph nodes... I'm guessing those have been affected because of the deep infections, which will take longer to treat anyway?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Pipsqueak's chin is healing

Now you've got to find away to keep Pipsqueak and Perla away from his chin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Clever little guy, isn't he? Apparently the drama King & Queen are co-conspirators as well!

But I'm so glad to hear his chin doing so much better!

As to the lymph nodes... I'm guessing those have been affected because of the deep infections, which will take longer to treat anyway?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Co-conspirators
. Yes!! Isn't it pretty incredible how our cats must communicate with each other over things. They really work as a team when necessary.

And, I bet that is true about the nodes being the last thing to go back to normal after such a bad infection.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Good for Pip! I can imagine how huge the grin on your face must be, Lauren!

I'm no vet (and I don't pretend to be) but I would assume the lymph nodes are going to be swollen as long as there's infection. Try not to worry about them too much, and celebrate the fact that the Pipster's chin is healing. Yea!!!
As for the ointment, I'd keep right on using it; Pip and the lovely Perla can't get it ALL off.

Head skritches for everyone!
You are right about the ointment.
It is so thick and if I rub it in really good, at least some of it will sink in
. And , I will try not to worry about the nodes and just be happy his chin is clearing AND his bladder is calming down too

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A HAPPY update
. Pipsqueak's chin is healing slowly but surely. He is off the Pred and the ointment now. Another week on the Baytril which will have been five weeks. So far so good. His nodes are unfortunately still quite large but will give it another week or two. I did just get Pipsqueak insured with Pets Best Insurance. I just have a feeling I might need it for my little man.

He is doing well on the Elavil also. His urine clumps are much larger now and when he goes to urinate, he squats comfortably and for a much longer time than before and his stream is stronger (sorry
, but it makes me know that his bladder is functioning better now
). I will do another urine sample in a month or so to see if the blood is gone

My little Pipster is feeling great these days and still has his great personality but is not so over-the-top with everything either. Just the other day I did a test on him to see if the Elavil is chilling him out. I yelled out loudly "OUCH" "OH NO"!!!!!
while he was eating and he just ignored me and keep eating
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Normally, he would have gotten all worked up and jumped down to see what was wrong and look for one of the dogs to beat up. He also didn't growl and charge at the window when the UPS truck/man came by the other day.
That is a very good change in his behavior

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to know that (apparently) the UPS man is now safe.

It's so good to hear that Mr. Pip is doing so much better.
Sounds as if the Elavil has taken the edge off, but he's not totally zonked out. I can't remember, Lauren---was the vet very concerned about the swollen nodes? I'm thinking he wasn't, but I'm not sure.

I really think this good news calls for catnip all around

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I'm happy to know that (apparently) the UPS man is now safe.

It's so good to hear that Mr. Pip is doing so much better.
Sounds as if the Elavil has taken the edge off, but he's not totally zonked out. I can't remember, Lauren---was the vet very concerned about the swollen nodes? I'm thinking he wasn't, but I'm not sure.

I really think this good news calls for catnip all around
Hi Libby
!!!!! Doc said that after the chin is completely healed up and he is off the Baytril he might need to sedate and aspirate those nodes. Most likely they are enlarged due to the severe chin infection, but there could be other reasons too. But I am not going to worry yet
, all is well and I will deal with that in a couple of weeks. Will keep you posted
so much for your kindness and concern. Means alot to me

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!
What a great update on the little Pipster! I can only imagine how good you're feeling right now, Lauren.

I'll keep sending good thoughts that he continues to improve and those pesky lymph nodes are an easy fix - or better yet, resolve on their own!

AC

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome news Lauren!!!

Awesome also that you insured him with Pets Best
I have Lucky, Bugsy and Hope in it, and thanks to it, Bugsy is still alive (and I am not bankrupt
).
I have used with the three of them - for office, urgent and ER - everything from tests, recurrent, chronic, and prescriptions - they never EVER failed me. They are fantastic - great choice and peace of mind.... if you ever need help, I am always here....... I have tons of experience with them
knock on wood - won't use it for a while now!