Picture of the Month Contest: Cats in High Places

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The theme for this month is: Cats in High Places. Nothing too scary please! Just cats doing what cats do best, getting up there. On cat trees, shelves, tops of cupboards, anything that's fun to see and safe.

Submissions will be accepted through Monday, November 18.

The Rules:

• Choose the best picture you have for our monthly theme and post it to this thread.
  •  
  • Image needs to be clear and not too small. 480 pixels high by 640 pixels wide minimum should be a good enough size.
  •  
  • One submission per member please 

• Our cats are ALL amazingly beautiful! This friendly photo contest is about the way in which the cat is captured in the picture. We're not looking for professional photography, but do try to keep things like image quality, lighting and composition in mind.
Good luck everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You all remember how nervous I was about how Ritz would adjust when I moved over a year ago from a third story condo unit to a townhouse.  I'd been in my new home for about two days, working on my computer, turned around and Lo and Behold found her up on top of the (dirty) cabinets.  It was then I knew she'd be just fine.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It doesn't look adventurous, but Sundar has great difficulty climbing high because of his chest deformity. 

I though Nilah would get the 'top bunk' of their new tower but Sundar found a way to get up there. 

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l love that picture too.

lt reminds me of an old black and white Milk Tray commercial where the guy drops in from a helicopter and through the skylight to deliver a box of Milk Tray to "the Lady".

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for the nice comments!  It was such a surprise to see him up there, I was lucky to get the shot! 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, great picture Betsygee. Did you know he had gone up there?
No, I didn't think he'd go up that high.  We live on a hill and there's a place near the back of the house where you can almost step from the hillside onto the roof--I've even hopped up there myself--so our cats have jumped on the roof before.  But he's the first one we've seen that far up.  Ozzy loves high places--good thing we have a built in refrigerator or he would probably live on top of it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Betsygee - I have a feeling yours is going to win :lol3:   Altogether though, everyone's pics so far are great!
:yeah: That shot of Ozzy can't be beat!

Oooh, wearing his shiny new tag, too.  Love that red tag against his black fur!
Unfortunately, he kept pulling on the tag to remove his collars and chew them up, so he now wears a Beastie Band with a slide-on tag. He was going through collars like nobody's business.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Betsygee's posted one of my most favourite cat, pictures here so no secrets on where one of my votes will go.  Thought about not posting but hey, why not?!.All the piccies are great and I love my Mouse so here he is up on the middle bar of my sash window. It's a narrow ledge and he doesn't often manage to make it up. He loves it though as the apartment's on the 1st floor and he gets a great view of the street.  

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How cute! Next jump is up to the curtain rod to join Winkie's Molu. It almost looks like Mouse is a giant cat on the top floor balcony of the building across the street!

I agree about Betsygee's. That is one cool picture.

We are adding a covered deck on the back of our house. This is what we found on our roof last Monday. I'm sure there had been others up there, but Crooner's the only one who needed help getting down.